"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Prayers for a Soldier....

A friend of our family was injured today or yesterday in Iraq. I am not sure what day as of yet. We believe the injury occured when the building he was in was hit. If what I am hearing is correct, he has lost both legs. We are not really sure at this time. I will keep you posted if and when I hear more.



The wife is named Sarah and her children are Kyra and Drake. Please keep them in your prayers.

I did not know this when I posted about Vietnam. I have just had it on my mind all day. I will remove it out of respect for Sarah and her family. Please pray for them; I don't know what else to do.

*Update: He lost both legs at the hip. Sarah is flying to DC on Friday if they can get him there, if not, she will fly to Germany. Please, please pray for them. Sarah, if you are reading this, or when you read this, just know that we love you.

Julie


*Update: His name is Reas (pronounced Reece) Axtell, his wife is Sarah and his two kids are Kyra(2& 1/2) and Drake (1 & 1/2). I will try and post a mailing address later if anyone would like to send their prayers.

No comments:

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot