"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Monday, March 1, 2010

~My journey to a more organized life~..menu planning

 *I was driving myself crazy trying to plan a menu every week with so many options and forget it if I tried to plan 2 weeks worth of meals or a monthly meal plan! I was just overwhelmed! I found myself sitting with piles of cookbooks and my computer and a notebook and just having NO idea where to start! So, I came up with this easy method based on suggestions I found on the world wide web...:)

It's pretty self explanatory but if you need clarification on anything I have written or you just want to talk menu planning, let me know! I will be happy to give you what little (and that means VERY little) advice and suggestions I may have!

Here you go, my new improved self help plan!


Menu Planning:

Breakfast:

Monday: frozen pancakes, fruit

Tuesday: eggs (buritos or breakfast bowls)

Wednesday: oatmeal, fruit

Thursday: muffins(make enough to freeze for snacks)

Friday: pancakes (enough to freeze for Monday), fruit

Saturday: biscuits & gravy

Sunday: breakfast burritos or oatmeal & fruit


Lunch:

Monday: leftovers

Tuesday: leftovers or PB & Honey

Wednesday: salads or grilled cheese

Thursday: PB & honey, bananas

Friday: leftovers or mac & Cheese



Supper:

Monday: one-dish meal (pot roast, beef stew, chili, soup, etc.)

Tuesday: casserole (baked mac & Cheese, chk & rice, etc.)

Wednesday: crockpot meal

Thursday: Breakfast for supper (migas or burritos or biscuits/gravy, pancakes, etc.)

Friday: mexican or italian or chinese

Saturday: Charlie's choice

Sunday: crockpot or pot roast or roast chicken

♥Julie♥

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love you sweetie.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot