"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Philippians 1:1-5

I am finally getting this up, it's not going to be very enthralling as I am no Beth Moore and it's been a rough day but I am committed to doing this. I want a stronger more thorough knowledge of God's word. So, here goes:



Vs. 1 - Denise said that Paul was saying a prayer of thanksgiving for the saints and I believe that is exactly what is going on here.



vs. 2-4 "Every time I think of you I give thanks to my God" Do people, when they think of me, thank God for me? Am I remembered as a good kind and thoughtful person? I am sure that many times I am not. Do I lift up others?



Vs. 4- Paul says " I always pray for you, and I make my requests with a heart full of joy." Do we pray for each other always? Much less with a heart full of joy? This is such an "ouch" verse for me, often times I have to confess that I do not pray for others as I should and certainly not with the joyful attitude that I should have. This verse should step on our toes.



vs. 5- Paul says that we are partners in spreading the Gospel. Do we sometimes look at it as a competition? Sometimes I get jealous because I think so and so is a better Christian than me, a better mother than me, a better friend, a better blogger, a better baker, a better baby shower thrower, a better singer, a better crafter, a better house cleaner, a better ......... you fill in the blank, the list could go on and on! I certainly get jealous when it seems like other people effortlessly bring people to church and go and visit and reach out to others when it seems like all I can do to take care of my husband, raise my kids, and clean my house and keep hot meals on the table. That is overwhelming at times and adding in the pressure to bring souls to Christ and well, let's just say that's not an easy pressure to handle so why put it on ourselves? PARTNERS!!!! GOD wants ALL of his children working together!!!!



So,I guess this is it for tonight. I need to go get in the bed but first I still have to feed Lily and I am exhausted. A lot going on in our lives right now and my foot is really hurting!



Thank you so much if you are doing this study with us. You don't have to comment if you don't want to. I know that I have a lot of readers who do not comment, and that's okay! lol. :) Just doing this today has already helped me so much!



Tomorrow we are studying Philippians 1:6-11! So, let me know your thoughts!



Love and Prayers,



Julie

2 comments:

Denise said...

I am in total agreement with you on this my friend.

In Light of the Truth... said...

I'm a little late but I'm joining in! What a great book!

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot