"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Day

My husband is off work today (he has been since early Saturday morning; except for a few hours here and there) This has not been very good at all for our finances. However, this time has been amazing for our marriage and I am dreading tomorrow because he has to go back!

So, I have gotten A LOT of projects done around the house and I am sitting here typing this as I bake Charlie's favorite oatmeal cookies! Click here for the recipe! (Just a helpful hint: I add half butter and half butter flavored crisco or just all butter flavored Crisco; it makes a much fluffier cookie) Amanda has a great post about fluffy cookies here. This morning, early, I put a beef roast in the slow cooker ; added 3 onions sliced in rings, some salt, red pepper and garlic powder and some worchestire sauce(enough to coat) and cooked onhigh for 4 hours; then I added Spicy BBQ sauce and finished cooking on low until lunch time. We had shredded BBQ Beef Sandwiches and FunYuns for lunch (healthy, yes, I know). I just feel so content today eating my oatmeal cookie dough, the girls are napping and I have been making cookies and folding laundry. I am sitting here with this beautiful Fall day with my windows open and I can hear the mama cows and their babies right outside in my pasture. The breeze is blowing through my freshly clean house and I am in true bliss!

I've blogged some about my bad days and today I just wanted to blog about one of my GREAT days! Last night I even got to read a novel all the way through (yes, it only takes me a few hours to read a book if I get the chance) and I haven't gotten to do that since long before Lily was born. I read "The Shunning" by Beverly Lewis. Her books always make me want to read more and more, I LOVE the way she writes! Also, I have even got to work on my Home Management Binder that I had done before but I got away from it in all the craziness of having a new baby. So, it is far from done but at least I got to work on it a bit!

Being a homemaker is a process. I hate it when I see blogs that say things like, "How do you stay at home moms do it; I would go OUT OF MY MIND" I saw this yesterday. This makes me so very sad and it used to make me angry. Now I just feel bad for the people who believe that. They just have no idea what they are missing out on. Yes, it is hard. Extremely hard some days. It is both the most exhausting, the most demanding and the most rewarding thing that I have ever done. It's my home and these are my children and I am solely responsible for that and there are times when I need a break. But I always miss my husband (if he's not with me) and our girls. I actually miss doing laundry, I LOVE doing laundry and I am not one of those people who does a load a day. I try to keep it done up. It may not get folded and put up immediately but our clothes that are dirty will be washed every single day unless I have to take a lond distance trip or something. That is just me, I love the smell of my homemade laundry detergent (like Irish Spring soap) and I love the sound of the dryer when snaps hit it. I love the feel of warm, fresh out of the dryer, fabric softened (lavender) clothes. I love fresh, clean, dryer warmed sheets on our bed. I guess I am wierd that I just LOVE To do laundry!

I am not trying to brag or sound full of myself. I HATE with a passion to clean bathrooms but it must be done. I HATE to mop floors because I have to schedule it around the kids naps otherwise it doesn't work for me! I am NOT a domestic goddess, far from it! My house has been a disaster LOADS of times and I am the last person who will tell you that I have it all together, because I most certainly DO NOT!

I just felt like blogging about this today because today is just one of those days where you feel truly blessed at where you are and how far you have come in your life. We are still having struggles as a married couple, I still have struggles , he still has struggles, We NEED prayer VERY BADLy for some of the struggles we are facing right now! But, I just wanted to forget all of that for a while and just talk about how BLESSED and HAPPY I feel today!

Thanks for reading and I will post on Phillipians 2:19-30 sometime tonight!

Blessings,

Julie

4 comments:

Blessed Beyond a doubt.... said...

I have been wanting to make my own detergent, since I do so much laundry, too. But, I don't love it like you do. I just feel blessed that God has provided us the clothes for our family. (:

I love to vacumn!

Do you have a recipe for lavender softener? I love lavender!

cryssi said...

Hey,

I am glad you are having a great day...What is your recipe for the homemade fabric softner? I will have to post sometime soon..

Love Ya
sis

PS..AMen to not being perfect. I feel like screaming sometimes at people that seem to have it all together...I want to ask them what their kids are doing while they do everything else...lol

Malisa @ Sanity in Small Doses said...

Your heart sounds SO full!! Your post left me with a big smile on my face. Thanks for sharing your goodwill with all of us!

Denise said...

I loved this post my friend, so glad that you are so happy. You are always in my prayers, I love you.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot