"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving, it was!

Our well pump is not fixed yet, we are waiting on a very crucial part that my husband is hunting down as I type because we can't wait on the UPS guy, not that they aren't fast just when you have been without water for DAYS, they just aren't quite fast enough! :o)

So, we headed to my sister's for a couple of days early Thursday morning (yeah, early, about 8:30 am, that's early on vacation for me) and got to her house around 12:30. We stopped in Broken Bow and ate breakfast and gassed up the car and stopped in Poteau and washed the car and fed Lily. When we got there the girls had just went to sleep about 5 minutes earlier and refused to take a decent nap the rest of the day, oh well, they slept pretty good last night. Which I wasn't expecting. Of course, they had their allergy medicine which pretty much knocks them out. lol.

We had a pretty great meal, with no stress. Which is what I have been lacking in Thanksgivings past. Thanks to my sis for keeping it laid back. We had a crock pot deer roast which was out of this world yummy, a turkey breast and my roasted chicken. We had dressing (2 kinds) my sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, rolls, sweet tea, cranberry sauce, pecan pies, pumpkin pie and lemon pie. Yum-Yum!

I am typing this on my sister's lap top at 6:00 am. After I spent 45 minutes trying to get Claire back to sleep and finally gave up. So, sorry about any typing or spelling errors, I am to laszy to run the spell check today. We are leaving sometime today and going to Atwood's to get Charlie some jeans and Claire and Lily's christmas boots(John Deere) if they are not to high and I can get them cheaper than online. I am also ordering Claire and Lily's christmas pj's at Old Navy this morning and we will take a picture when we get our tree up. Hopefully this weekend, if the well pump gets fixed, pray please, you have no idea how stressful that is. I know a lot of people are going through a lot worse but I would really appreciate it if Charlie can get it fixed before he goes back to work Monday because there is no way he can take off work to fix it after he just got off vacation. And the hours he works, he is not goingg to have the time to fix it.

Well, that's an update on this beautiful very handy laptop of my sister's. I am coveting. I think that I need one for my very, very own. For Christmas or just, you know, when ever we come up with that much extra cash right now, yeah, dream on, Julie! Also, I am coveting the DSL ! because in the sticks where I live, DSL is almost impossible. But, surely it can't be any slower than the dial up that I suffer with now. Well, at least we have the internet. I think I complaineth too much!

Well, hope you are having a happy holiday weekend, everyone and Merry Christmas! I've been waiting all week to say that! I am going to try and come up with some kind of give-away in the next few days so be watching for that! :o) Oh and here it is again, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

JULIE

3 comments:

Misty said...

I'm glad you got to have a nice day with Crystal and her family. Sounds great. Hope that you get your well pump fixed soon. I would go crazy without water. Yes, laptops are great, aren't they. I got a new one a couple of weeks ago and i love it. They aren't that great with dial up though. Take care and have a safe trip home.

tim said...

good song selection...
Merry Christmas from the Calhouns

Denise said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your thanksgiving. It touches my heart beyond words to know that precious Claire prays for me. Please give her a hug for me, and tell her that I pray for her too. I love you.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot