"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Choosing Happiness.......

This family has often been an inspiration to me. Their terrible loss, I have followed with prayers for all of them. I can identify through the loss of their baby girl, even though my losses were through miscarriage. I have been angry and full of fear the past few weeks, to be honest, a lot longer than that. After reading this today, I choose to count my many blessings and choose happiness. I have many things which to be thankful for and thngs will be rough and people will hurt me, that will not change, because I can't make people different. However, I can change, I have the ability to make me different and the way I react definitely must change. I feel as if I owe an apology to those who read my blog for being so down about things and posting so candidly about my anger. But, then I think, that I am just being real and honest and I am not lying about my life. Maybe that helps someone and that's important. Just because I am a Christian does not mean I have all the answers or that I ever will. However, that's okay. Today I choose happiness and choose to rest in the knowledge that God's perfect plan will be revealed to me in Heaven. That is enough for me. So, thank all of you so much for your sweet comments and precious prayers. You have held me up in the midst of a difficult struggle with Satan. And that's just what it is, he wants me to give up and question my God. And I will not. I choose happiness.

Here is an amazing passage of scripture to read when you are hurting or doubting, read it and apply it to your present circumstances, whatever they may be.

1 Corinthians 13 (The Message)


The Way of Love 1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. 2If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. 3-7If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love. Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Love doesn't strut, Doesn't have a swelled head, Doesn't force itself on others, Isn't always "me first," Doesn't fly off the handle, Doesn't keep score of the sins of others, Doesn't revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything, Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end.
8-10Love never dies



Love and Prayers,

Julie

2 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for being who you are: honest, open, true, faithful,real, and a servant of the Lord. I love you my friend.

Darcy said...

In reading your posts I can see God teaching you amazing things. I really liked what you shared about Romans 8 the other day. I thought this was powerful -

"Today, I want to be bitter and self serving and angry. Jesus wants me to be loving, kind, self sacrificing. I will choose HIS way because it is the narrow path, the path all too often not taken, but it is the path to HIM, it is the path HOME."

It spoke to me and is something I need to be reminded of continually.

Praying that you have a blessed day!

-Darcy

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot