That's right. I am going to talk about losing weight. The cookies and baked goods and being stuck in the house this winter have gotten to me! I am now about a size bigger than I am comfortable and I am about 2 sizes above where I truly want to be, so it is time to break out the diet manual and the exercise routine!
I am going to list a few things below that I started to use at the beginning of this week. If you want to follow along with me in this just comment or email me. I will encourage you & you can encourage me! Let's go!!! :)
Okay, this was interesting and motivating, I thought:(ignore the ads; I couldn't get them to delete)
How to lose weight in 7 days the right way
1. Eat a big and healthy breakfast every day. You need calories to jump-start your metabolism after a good night of sleep.
2. Do not count calories. Eat lean protein, fruits and vegetables as much as you want, and stay hydrated.
3. Walk or swim for at least 30 minutes every day. If you have a weight scale at home, hide it and do not weigh yourself for at least two weeks.
4. Spread your daily calories between five small meals and do not allow yourself to be hungry for an extended period. If you feel hungry, eat!
5. Carry healthy snacks with you when you leave your house. When you feel hungry between regular meals, use the snacks.
6. Do not set a weight-loss goal. Instead of thinking, “I need to lose 10 pounds in two weeks,” focus on developing healthy eating habits and being physically active. Go for a hike, dance, ride a bike, play with your kids.
7. Above all, believe in yourself! Thousands of people successfully lose weight every day. It is not a lottery and it ain’t rocket science.
breakfast: Breakfast burritos in low carb tortilla
snack:almonds & sugar free jello w/whipped cream or stick of cheese
lunch: chef salad
snack: handful of nuts; piece of fruit or steamed veggies
supper: something like fajitas w/no tortilla or just 1 low carb tortilla
Anyway, there's what I am doing! It's not easy with babies but I am going to do this!!!! Just thought I would share!!
And part of Kelly Ripa's workout routine: ( I am doing this at night before bed sometimes while watching a movie; drives Charlie crazy! lol)
200 butt lifts (lay on your back and lift your butt up. (right now I am at 100)
25 bicep curls with weights (my weights are only three pounds each because that's all I have. I need to be doing five pounds each)
25 standing dumbbell press
25 standing dumbbell rear raises
25 Dumbbell side raise (THESE KILL ME)
50 squats (sometimes more)
100 Leg lifts on each leg
100 crunches (right now, I'm at about 50)
And sometimes I do push ups (I am working on getting better at these but they kill me! I used to do 50 of these the tough way, no sweat but now I can do 20 if my knees are on the ground)
Also, walking 1 minute; running 1 minute (repeat 10X) every day that I can. And Cindy Crawford's New Dimensions Workout Videos. I LOVE THESE!!! THEY ARE KILLER!!!! I have always (for 12 years) used her workout videos and they always work! They are tough but worth every bit of it. I am really looking forward to seeing the results that I know will come with this and the best part is: the girls can do it with me & Drew even watches! Funny! :)
I am up to 11 miles as of today, which isn't great but it's 11 miles I didn't have before last week!!
What's your exercise routine? Please share!! Sarah has a great one, too!