"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

random...

~We didn't make it to church today because Claire, Lily & Drew are all running a fever and have runny noses. So, I am a paranoid mama, but we just don't go when everyone feels cruddy. We stayed home and made biscuits and gravy for breakfast and had a bible story and songs and communion(for Mom & Dad) here at the house. I LOVE lazy Sundays like that. We love going to church services but sometimes, when everyone is feeling blah..., this is just the thing!

~Drew turns 1 this Friday!! I am so emotional about this!! I can't believe the year has flown by so fast....

~It is so hard for me to balance everything! Don't get me wrong, I don't want anything to change except myself! I am a horrible juggler! I never said I was coordinated! ha!

~LOTS to pray about lately. It always seems like that but I know that's a good thing because it means that God is working in our lives! A lot of things are painful but necessary!! Praise God for His LOVE that is anew every morning!

~School starts after Labor Day; can't wait!! Claire asks me every day if she can" start school with Mama, yet"? I always have to show her the days on the calendar and explain that it's just a bit longer although we have cheated (a little) and are working on a few things a little bit here and there! I am so excited to be able to spend this time with my children!! A lot of people have asked me why I want to homeschool my children and my #1 reason has to be that I just adore them! I adore them and I LOVE being with them and teaching them and watching their eyes light up when they learn something new!! It's the BEST feeling, ever and I have the BEST kids ever!! (well, I am sure yours are better to you but this is my blog so.... :) )

~Also, I have some links to share in the next week that I am hoping you will really enjoy! Stay tuned for those!

~Reading Romans 4 & Romans 12 right now.....oh, talk about challenging!! I am trying to make notes as I go and hopefully I can find the time to share a little bit with you (with school starting, we will see!)

~From what I hear, our niece Beth is a really awesome softball player!! GO BETH!! She's a great kid, that much I DO know, for sure! :)

~My husband and I have been doing this bible study together and some with the kids (we do the family projects together)....it's a very good study and simple enough that you will not get bored and it doesn't take very long at all (usually about 5 minutes) So, give it a try!!

~If you get a chance, read Mark Levin's , "Liberty and Tyranny", such a great read. There are no words for how much sense this man makes. Must read!!

~Here's what we are using this year:

*Bible Study/Devotional: included in L.H.T.H. (below) and a wonderful little devo book that my sister gave me!! (Thanks, Amy & Sis!!)
*Little Hands to Heaven- Claire & Lily
*Handwriting without tears & Handwriting for a reason (we will see which one will work better but we are excited about both!)
*Math-U-See (not sure about this yet but definitely looking at it)
*Little House on the Prairie & nature journal
*Toddler & Preschool Art (along with some books that Charlie found at Mardel's!!!)
*Charlotte Mason reading List (Ambleside Online)
*Music & Poetry- classics & CM list (AO)
*P.E. & play day with our homeschool group once a week

*And that about wraps it up!! Hope you are having a great weekend! I'll be back tomorrow with my "Monday Meanderings"....be prepared, it will be long!

~Love,
Julie

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love you, praying for the kids to feel better.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot