"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Cooking 3 meals out of 1......

Last night for supper we had red beans & rice. I fixed some oven fried potatoes w/onions (just slice them and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper & drizzle fairly well with olive oil). I fixed enough potatoes and brown rice for 3 meals had some whole wheat tortillas on hand so last night before bed I scrambled a dozen eggs and I threw the eggs, potatoes, brown rice and some shredded cheddar/jack cheese on the tortillas, wrapped them up and this morning microwaved them for about 30 seconds and added ketchup or salsa! They were seriously yummy and I love the fact that they are full of fiber, protein and healthy!!

Also, I saved the beans and remaining brown rice and cheese and today I am going to assemble burritos for lunch with these!!!!

Cheap & good!!

No comments:

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot