"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

~Crockpot Craziness!...~



While blog surfing a couple of nights ago (I have horrible insomnia lately. Prayers would be very welcomed!)I stumbled upon this lovely blog! I just had to join in on the fun because as you know, I use my crockpot all of the time! I absolutely ♥ my crockpot! So, I dug up a few of my favorites to share with ya'll.

Crockpot Jambalaya

Julie's Spicy Spaghetti Sauce

Chili Chicken tacos (from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food)

 
  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6) (we use half chicken breasts/half thighs)
  • 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup prepared tomato salsa, plus more for serving (optional)
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 8 hard corn taco shells (we use soft white corn tortillas)
  • Cilantro, shredded cheese, lime wedges, and sour cream, for serving (optional)

Directions

  1. In slow cooker, combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours (or on low, 8 hours).
  2. Transfer chicken to a serving bowl, and shred, using two forks; moisten with cooking juices. Serve in taco shells, with toppings, if desired. 


And, I would be terribly remiss if I didn't direct you to my fave crockpot site, Razzle Dazzle Recipes! (tons of favorites, here!)

Wow, that was fun!! Glad you stopped by & hope you come back!

♥Julie♥ 

1 comment:

Denise said...

Yummy. Praying for you.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot