"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Meanderings...

~Memory Verse: "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord." Romans 12: 9-11

~Bible Study: Still reading back through "The Ministry of Motherhood" I need the refresher course. :)




~Husband Encouragement: *Help him work on his truck. *Be ready to put everything away and go to bed when he does. Do not stay up and keep doing "one more thing". (Thanks, Sarah!) *Start praying for him more fervently. *Write him a long love letter.

~Train them up:

*Cutting TV time WAY back this week. We got into a little TV rut while the kids and mom were sick and it's time to nip it in the bud! I do NOT like the way they misbehave when too much tv is involved!

*Back to chores and high 5's (relaxed on these due to illness)

*Working on temper tantrums...(including mama's! lol)

Personal Goals:

*Read my Busy Mom's Study Bible every day even if just for a minute...this is the best bible I have ever owned...it is so very helpful!

*Walking at least twice a week

*Not chewing on my nails!!!!

*Cook supper every meal this week (except for Tuesday night, we are eating at the grandparents, yay!)

~Zone:

*Master Bedroom & kitchen (cleaning out the fridge)

~Absolute MUST DO's!!!

*Clean out the refrigerator!

*Vaccum out the van

*Get back into flylady routine (got behind due to sickness)

~Menu: (recipes to be posted throughout the week)

*Monday: breakfast: graham crackers/peanut butter, juice
                 lunch: frozen cheese raviolis, diced tomatoes w/italian seasoning & tad sugar, green beans, apples
                 supper: Grilled pork chops, fried potatoes w/onion, brussel sprouts

*Tuesday:
breakfast: breakfast burritos (on the road, hopefully taking a little trip with my sister & her kids to see my Aunt Kathy!)
                lunch: on the road
                supper: supper at Granny Fogg's

*Wednesday: breakfast: pancakes, bacon, chocolate almond milk
                      lunch: quesadillas, salad
                      supper:salmon cakes, green salad, corn on the cob

Thursday: breakfast: Amish baked oatmeal, sliced bananas
                lunch: PB & Honey on sourdough bread, sliced apples
                supper: Skillet potatoes w/bacon & cheddar, salad

Friday: breakfast: breakfast at the park (if not raining) Donuts!
            lunch: leftovers or burritos & fruit
            supper: Matzo cracker pizza, salad


desserts: * peaches & cream no-bake cheesecake   & * blackberry cheese pie



~Fun things!:

*going to see my Aunt! (I haven't seen her in 10 years)
*I am sure my husband has something fun planned for this weekend! Last weekend we went fishing!
*Breakfast at the park this Friday
*If we are having Homeschool PE, hopefully we will get to see all of our friends!
*Supper at the grandparents with all the family!



~Things I am thankful for today:

*A loving hard working husband!
*That I can be me and not pretend to be someone else!
*I am able to read my bible freely and without fear of being persecuted!
*Beautiful sweet children sleeping peacefully.
*My husband has an early day off (finally!)
*pay day is tomorrow....whoo-hoo!!!

Join us at Sarah's!

1 comment:

cryssi said...

And you get to see me!!!! lol. Love Ya Lots and cant wait on those recipes!!!

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot