"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Friday, April 27, 2007

Journal Entry online (that's what this is!)

Okay, just some of my ramblings....... I have been very interested lately in changes in people's attitudes towards "church". If you don't agree with me, that is okay. Just please be kind about it. No sense in being rude! I am glad to see that a lot of people are thinking for themselves and studying for themselves. Whether or not they come to the same conclusions as me or not! I think for to long we have let some of the (for lack of a better word, I am going to use "bullies") in the church run everything their way and in the process run people off and hurt and humiliate those who we should be loving.

Here's the thing: We are all sinners, no one has a corner on being righteous. We all slip and fall, some more than others or in a more public way. That DOES NOT give anyone the right to make them an outcast or refuse to worship or fellowship with them. I always thought this was the stupidest thing I had ever heard of but it has REALLY been bothering me since I became a mother. To actually turn and go the other way when you see someone coming just because you do not agree with things they are doing in their life or things they have done. Have you ever heard of MERCY, people? There's an idea........

Okay, so I am on my soap box. I stay there a lot! I only have a few more days of being pregnant at the most so I may as well take advantage. I have an excuse! Anyway, I am glad to see people step out of the box and challenge some things. However, I do not agree with going against scripture just to do something you want to do. I see that a lot, too.

Somebody asked me the other day, " So, you have a set order of the way you do things in your church service?" I said, "Yes, we do. We follow the example of the apostles and the commands of Christ." They then asked me, "So, nothing can ever change? You can never put another song in or an extra prayer before you take communion?" I said, "I do not have a problem with that."
However, I have found that there are people that do have problems with things like that, on what basis I don't know. When is there ever to much singing or prayer? We are commanded to "sing and make melody in our hearts" and to "pray without ceasing".................Just some thoughts.Hm...................

Anyway, enough on that. I am so afraid right now of something that I have wanted since I was a small child. I am about to be a mother of two children. And I am terrified. I am so afraid that I am going to mess them up. What do I know about raising godly children, who want to serve the Lord above all else? It would be so easy to act like I know it all, but I don''t have a clue and I DON'T MIND ADMITTING IT!!!!!!!!!! I wish more people would.

Well, I don't know what my husband is going to do about another vehicle. He has not decided yet. I am trying to be a good wife and not nag, let him make the decision. But the baby is supposed to come Tuesday and I would like to know what we are doing! If we are going to stick with what we have that is fine with me but we have to do a lot of work on the car and we need to get it done! Also, the AC is messed up again. And it is to hot to be driving two babies around in this Southern humidity with no AC!!!!!! He knows all of this, he is just very preoccupied with all the other things we need to get done before Lily comes and he is being switched around on his job some more. Nothing bad, he is just being put on another machine. That is the 5th one in about 3 months! He is not switched because he is not doing a good job, they are moving him around because he knows how to run all of them well. So, I am proud of him but it stresses him out because he wants to do his job well. He worries a lot and so do I, So, I am not much support in that area.

Well, as an ending note to this rambling.....Crystal, I support you in your homeschooling decision! Totally 100% without reservation! No offense to any teachers, you do your job the best that you can and there are good arguments for both sides. However, it all comes down to the parents decision. Nuff said.

I hope you all have a blessed and productive week, it will probably be awhile before I post again with a newborn and a two year old, we have a lot to figure out!

Love you all,
Julie
wife to Charlie
mommy to Claire & Lily

1 comment:

cryssi said...

Very good points. I dont know where you get the courage to speak your mind like you do. I am scared to death of speaking my mind and raising godly children. I mean what do we know about raising godly children. I have been studying about it but am no expert and i have three kids to hopefully raise right. I dont think i am doing too hot a job of it right now. anyway. thanks for the support about homeschooling. I need all i can get. love ya lots crystal

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot