"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Romans 12:9-11 (This is an OUCH ! post!)

"Don't just pretend you love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. LOve each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy in your work, but serve the Lord enthusiastically." NLT


I read something on a blog the other day, that really made me think. A local church's youth group baked and helped serve food at a benefit for a local youth who was severly injured in an auto accident. He will never walk again. Here's the thing that got me: THEY DID NOT KNOW HIM AT ALL, HAD NEVER MET HIM OR ANY MEMBER OF HIS FAMILY!!!! His family did not attend their church or one like it. These kids just did this because they wanted to show Christ's love to this boy and his family.

This local church has been the subject of some controversy lately in the church of christ. Regardless of whether you agree with their views, this step they took was the right one.

I have realized just how much I have been failing JESUS. I am not focused on HIM, I am sure not serving HIM and I worry way to much about laws and rules and not enough about reaching out to people in my life or in our community. I am a terrible example of a christian and that is what I am going to start focusing on..... becoming better, because let's be honest, how many of us couldn't stand to do a little better?

I will write more on this and let you know my progress. I hope all of you who read this know how much you mean to me. Prayers and Love,

Julie
wife to Charlie
mommy to Claire & Lily

1 comment:

cryssi said...

Julie,

RIGHT ON!!! Thank you for saying what i am too scared to say on my blog. I guess I just need to stand up and start saying what is on my mind. I have not been posting what i am really struggling with alot of times becaus i am scared of hurting feelings. I know I for one really need to start doing more as a christian. I dont do enough.
THANK YOU
Love Ya
Crystal

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot