"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Kermit

This is a blog post for me, I guess a little bit of a healing process and for my sisters too....

Kermit is my dad's brother. There's a lot of powerful meaning behind those words for my dad. You see, Kermit is like a dad to him. Kermit showed him how to do things, how to work on things, Kermit listened to my dad when he needed a friend. Kermit is amazing.

You see, Kermit never went to school. Kermit can't read. I am ashamed to type those words because I have been dealing with the fact that I could have taught him. And now it's to late. May the Lord forgive me for all the should have's /could have's in my life.

Kermit is smart though. He is talented. He is kind. He can work on a lawnmower or any other machine like nobody's business. Kermit loves the 4th of July and he loves parades. Kermit loves Christmas and Thanksgiving. He LOVES being with his family and he LOVES the Lord.

Kermit is crippled physically, has been since he was small. He can't talk very well. His speech is very hard to understand. But his spirit is not crippled, his spirit is strong.

Kermit, thank you for the fun times playing beauty shop, thank you for letting us put curlers in your hair. I still have a picture of you and Kris and Richard with wigs on. Thanks for letting us call you Kermit the Frog and laughing about it and calling us Grandma. haha. Kermit, you light up my life. You make me hang in there because you had every reason to give up and you never did. I love you so much.

Julie

2 comments:

cryssi said...

Hey,

I just wanted to add a couple of thoughts on Kermitt. Remember the time Granny caught us climbing the peach tree in the backyard and brought us in to whip us, sent richard after a switch and everything and he called Kermit Kermit the Frog and him and Kermit got Granny laughing too hard to whip us.
The other night, Paul was mowing the yard (we borrowed a riding lawn mower ) he had Kylie on his lap and it made me bawl thinking of how Kermit always let us ride on his lap when he mowed or on the hood of the mower.
I know I will always miss him and I too have strugles with what i could have done.
I dont mean to make you cry anymore cause i know you are going to just thought I would share these thoughts.

Love you so much
Crystal

cryssi said...

Hey,

I just wanted to add a couple of thoughts on Kermitt. Remember the time Granny caught us climbing the peach tree in the backyard and brought us in to whip us, sent richard after a switch and everything and he called Kermit Kermit the Frog and him and Kermit got Granny laughing too hard to whip us.
The other night, Paul was mowing the yard (we borrowed a riding lawn mower ) he had Kylie on his lap and it made me bawl thinking of how Kermit always let us ride on his lap when he mowed or on the hood of the mower.
I know I will always miss him and I too have strugles with what i could have done.
I dont mean to make you cry anymore cause i know you are going to just thought I would share these thoughts.

Love you so much
Crystal

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot