"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Marriage Monday(except it's Wednesday) and Honoring Your Husbands

I have been putting this off because I really didn't want to write about how I have been doing. It's awful! My husband worked Saturday, my uncle is dying and I had a migraine for 2 days so needless to say, I was not a happy wife and mother!

I have been nagging so much. I have packed his lunch but I have not gotten up with him at 3:30 to spend time with him before he goes to work. I stay in the bed because I am tired from being up so late with Lily. I have been trying to coordinate the kids schedule with his and that is so hard. I am exhausted from trying to keep up with it all.But, that is no excuse, I have to get up with him. It makes both of us feel better when I do this. I have a better day and so do him and the kids. I also do a better job of spending time with the Lord after I have gotten up with Charlie.

I have not been good at all in responding to him, I have been shrugging him off and tensing up when he tries to hug and kiss me. I know it is stress but I don't like it. I hate being this way.

I have not been budgeting well this week, I have spent to much money. (UGH!) I hate this about me. I am really trying to change this. It's not big things either, it's just because I stopped for just a little bit paying strict attention to what I spend. It adds up. The big stuff and the small stuff all lead to debt if you are not diligent and watchful.

I am stressed out about some things going on in church. I am really struggling with a lot of issues. I just need to spend a lot of time in prayer and the word. Pray for me....

So, on a good note about my marriage:

* My husband bought me a new dishwasher yesterday. This may not be romantic to you but it is to me! I have not had a dishwasher in 5 years. So, I am pretty happy about that!

* He gives both girls a bath every night and dresses them, brushes their teeth and hair and reads a Dr. Suess book and then we all say prayers. Last night, he put Lily to sleep on his chest and held her there for the longest time. This just melts me....

* He works sometimes (though not lately because it's raining and he works in the log woods) 60 hours a week. There have been times when he has worked 68 or 69 hours a week. This man works and if we are low on money, He finds something to make money. Have I said how much he works? I LOVE that in a man. I LOVE that he is mine.

* He is supportive in EVERYTHING I do. He has never discouraged me from anything. If I want to do it, he generally tries to find a way. I have to watch this because I know that I don't need everything that I want. Cause he also tries to buy me what I want.

* He changes just as many dirty diapers than I do and he washes bottles and takes Claire with him everywhere he goes. He loves his girls more than life. I love that he is ours.

Well, I guess that's enough on my marriage for this week. I am off to try so much harder than I have been.

I am going to do a seperate post on the 28 day challenge of spending time with the Lord. I am growing so much through this. So, I will try to post that sometime in the next day or two. I hope you will do this challenge with us.

Love and Prayers,
Julie

No comments:

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot