"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Created To Be His Help Meet....

Okay, just so you realize, this book is controversial in today's feminist world. And to be perfectly honest, there are a few (minor) things that I don't agree with but that is true with most books. I am going to give you a few of my favorite passages because this wonderful book has and is helping me tremendously.

"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." 1 Corinthians 11:8-9

1. Virtue
2. Graciousness
3.Wisdom
4. Prudence
5. Goodness

Locate these words in scripture (KJV) and see how they relate to a woman of God. Pray for these in your life.

JOY

Merry heart, cheerful countenance and a glow to refresh your husband. Break the "poor me" habit. Put it down to sin and rebellion and wake up with joy in your heart and home.

JOY is found 167 times in God's word.

*Let the first thing your husband sees be a gentle smile.

*During the day, sing and play and dance as you work around the house with the broom or mop and this light hearted mood (visible joy is the only joy children understand) will be an encouragement to your children.

A THANKFUL SPIRIT

A wise woman sets a joyful mood in her home. Through laughter, music, and happy times, she creates a positive attitude in her children. She knows that a lighthearted home relieves her husband of stress.

Prov. 15:15 Phil. 4:11 Heb. 13:5 1Tim. 6:6-8

Thankfulness is how you think; joy is the abundance it produces. "
Colossians 3:15.


This book challenges me beyond belief. I am so convicted by the things that she says and what scripture says on being his help meet. I see so many things that I have done wrong and so many ways that I have caused damage in my marriage. But, on the other hand, I am so grateful that she gives such good advice on how to correct these problems. All it involves is a change of heart, a change of attitude. It's how we see ourselves. It's who we put first. It's sacrifice. It's unconditional love. It's loving no matter what you get back. It's letting your husband be the head of your home, be the head of you. It's surrendering control. Your marriage will be so blessed when you truly let God change your heart and put these methods into practice. It's a great book to read and read and read and read!!!!!!!!!

THINGS TO CHANGE ABOUT ME:

1. Give Charlie control. I try to control many situations because I fear that he will not handle them correctly (how arrogant is that?).

2. Stop expecting him to do things for me. Stop expecting him to read my mind. Tell him if I want or need something and don't punish him for not knowing that I want or need these things.

3. Stop being inconsiderate of his work. Be more understanding and try to actually put myself in his shoes. Don't shut down because I am afraid of dealing with problems.

4. Stop living in the past. Charlie is not my ex boyfriend (long story, VERY painful one). Let it go. Deal with it. Get counseling if I have to.

5. Care for Charlie in every way, JOYFULLY!!!!!

6. Care for my baby girls, JOYFULLY!!!!!

7. Stop pushing Charlie.

8. Be respectful of his need for sleep, a hot meal when he gets home (precious man, He helps a lot with this, mainly because he likes to cook, it's relaxing for him, but I should have supper ready at least on his most busy days and most of the time I do, but I could always improve), and his need for free time and sex. (Yes, I know what I said, I'm not trying to embarass anyone, it's just the plain truth about ALL men).

9. Let Charlie make decisions.

10. Follow Charlie's directions and decisions.

11. Never speak bad of Charlie to others, especially do not mumble things about him around children when I am angry!

12. Be nice to him. Do kind things. Ask him if there is anything he would like done or to eat or ?????

13. Do not say ugly things to Charlie or snap at him or the girls. BE JOYFUL IN ALL MY DUTIES AS A WIFE AND MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Do things to save money and therefore, make life easier on Charlie, on the whole family. Learn to sew better, to can, make breads from scratch, menus EVERY week and stick to the budget, pay bills on time and with Charlie, Learn how to do more things on my own so Charlie doesn't have to do so much, Find ways to bring in extra income, take better care of and spend more time with our babies (this should be first on the list), Limit internet use to naptimes and that's it!!(my family gets the rest of my time).

15. Evenings, when Charlie comes home from work, he should come home to a sweet and welcoming haven. My evening should be dedicated to taking care of my husband and helping him unwind after a long day at work. Our evenings should not be spent in a frenzy. I should run our home better so that this is the only order of business, other than taking care of the girls, in the evening. It should be ALL about family time and then mine and Charlie's time.

Well, these are 15 things that I am going to change about me. There are so many more but I think that these are a good place to start. I will write more on this book, because I truly believe it is wonderful and is a great help to our marriage.

Love and Prayers,
Julie

No comments:

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot