"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Created To Be His Help Meet (To Love Their Children).......

From "Created to Be His Help Meet" :

"The woman who invests herself in a child's life will be the one whom the child loves and the one with whom she/he will bond when she or he is older.

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth" 3 John 1:4

Make a New Habit:
Look into your child's eyes and smile MANY TIMES EACH DAY. Take 5 minutes every thirty minutes or so and play with your child. Just play. Never work alone, always have your "little buddy" helping you.

God has given your children guardian angels who watch them from heaven. You are their guardian angel here on earth. " Debi Pearl

I think that all of this has a lot of merit. I especially like the one about smiling into your child's eyes many times a day! " How I would love for someone to do this for me", I thought. Then I remembered, Claire and Lily do this all the time. I just don't pay attention like I should, I am "too busy".

I have been studying on how I can be a better wife and mother before I am anything else. I believe that if I can't serve those in my own home then what good will I be to others? Anyway, I hope this helps you as much as it helped me today.

Love,
Julie

1 comment:

In Light of the Truth... said...

Check out what I have waiting for you at my blog!

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot