"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thankful Thursdays

"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:15

Thanksgiving is set aside as a time to thank God for blessings. But we should not wait until then to thank God for all He has done.

Whenever we feel God's hand on our life, we should let Him know. When we see Him working in the lives of those around us, we should thank Him for that too. We should thank Him every moment for the wonderful gift of our salvation. Begin to grow closer to God today, He is waiting with open arms!

Things I am thankful for this Thursday:

* wonderful, kind, thoughtful people (especially on the internet, where it is so easy to be rude).

* my little sister at http://www.prayingmomof3.blogspot.com/ She is always encouraging me and pulling me up when I fall down. I miss her like crazy right now.

* my older sister who always gives me great advice on herbal remedies, marriage, cooking, ....... She tries to be a Titus 2 woman and I admire her so much for that.

* Melissa, our cousin, who is always a big encouragement to me. Wonderful person, great friend.

* Claire saying , "Thanz you, Mumma" for everything, all day long!

* Lily sleeping all night last night (she has been teething and has allergies)

* My husband gave me a neck and back massage this morning. And talked to me about my very stressful day yesterday even though he had a horrible day at work.

* Charlie took us out to eat mexican food last night. No dishes to do!

* Recipe and menu planning blogs, this helps our budget so much!

* My sewing machine that I am about to start using (I PROMISE!!!!!)

* Walking and Running ( I am going to run in the evenings)

* My granny's dishes

* little girls (Claire is carrying purses everywhere now, she got one yesterday that looks like something Nicole Richie has(not that I am endorsing Nicole, I AM NOT)

* Claire saying, "Mumma, wead, I noz sweepy." (Mama, read, I not sleepy)

* The money to buy food for my family and pay our bills and buy some things that we want. To be able to feed our kids, buy diapers and wipes, and give them a decent place to sleep at night. Thank you Lord Jesus!

Love and Prayers,
Julie

No comments:

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot