"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Seek the Counsel of the Lord



Why is this so hard for me? This is the most difficult thing ever for me and I believe it is the root of most if not all of my problems. I struggle with this so much! I want to pray and seek His will but to often I don't for various reasons, er, excuses. I believe that too often, we don't stop to hear the voice of the Lord. We don't ask his advice, we don't hear his voice. I spend a lot of my time sorrowful because I just can't seem to get in that place spiritually that I want to be. And it's all because I won't let Him do His work, I won't let him take the lead. All I have to do is ask, so why is that so hard?
Tomorrow I am praying before I go pay bills and do my weekly shopping. I am praying before I clean my house that so desperately needs it. I need the Lord's help because I am running on empty. I can tell when I have not been in the word like I should and not praying and seeking his will. I get sick, I get depressed, I get terrible headaches and panic attacks. I have had all of those this past week and I have tried to make it better by reading uplifting blogs, memorizing scripture, reading uplifting books by Christian authors, all of it has helped somewhat but it is not enough. I need the word. I need to pray on my knees and let it all out. I need time alone with my God. Please pray for me tomorrow as I begin this process. I know that a lot of cleansing is about to take place. I know that a lot of peace will follow. After all, I will be sitting at the feet of my Savior.
Love and Prayers,
Julie

2 comments:

Amy... said...

Wow...I'm in this EXACT same spot right now. I could have written this post. I need Him...

In Light of the Truth... said...

I'll be praying for you, honey! In the meantime, check out this article, don't know if it will help... http://avirtuouswoman.org/2007/03/07/how-to-get-it-all-done/

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot