"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Friday, September 7, 2007

Focus On the Family Friday

Oh boy, Sarah really made me think on this one! This is one of those occasions when the Lord yells at you loud and clear! Yesterday, we took Claire to the doctor for her follow up. She had already thrown up that morning. I was in a rotten mood. I am a person who treasures her sleep and needless to say it was sorely lacking yesterday!


Anyway, I had been in a rotten mood for the past month, actually. Just very stressed out and needing a break. Playing the "poor me" game with myself. Being angry at Charlie for not being able to read my mind. So, yesterday on the ride to the Dr.'s office, I read some more of my "Created to be His Help Meet" by Debi Pearl. Some things in the book struck me really hard (this book always gets me) and I actually felt terrible and truly sorrowful of what I had done and how I had acted to my family. I even cried and begin to repent right there and then. I even told my husband at one point that I didn't want to read it anymore because it hurt to bad. But, I continued on and my attitude greatly changed yesterday.


So, when I saw this meme by Sarah, I began to think of how I have neglected the fun part of being a wife and mommy. I thought of how resentful I have become and how I don't want to take the time to do things that they would like because it would take to much time away from my duties and from things that I want to do. Oh, how selfish we can be!


My focus this week-end will be on my family, where it should be, where it needs to be. I don't know exactly what we will do yet; I am usually a planner. Charlie has to work tomorrow so it will kind of be up in the air but I know that we will have fun because my husband will have a wife who is in a good mood and wants to be with him and my girls will have a mommy who is happy to spend the whole week-end just hanging out.


Hope you have a BLESSED week-end with your family!!!!


Love and Prayers,

Julie

1 comment:

In Light of the Truth... said...

I hope you have a great weekend, Julie!

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot