"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful for so many things, I will do my best to list a few.

Claire is better! Her infection is almost completely healed up! However, now we think she has a stomach bug. She has vomited twice today. The doctor seemed to think she was doing fine. I am also thankful that Claire is such a wonderful loving big sister. She is always helping me and she does a pretty good job. I don't know what I would do without her.

Lily smiles all of the time! I mean it, she is a chronic grinner and that can't help but make you happy! She turns a bad day into sunshine just by seeing my face. She loves to laugh and now she is babbling constantly and Claire and I love to sit and listen to her talk to herself when she wakes up from a nap. Claire giggles and thinks Sissy is hilarious. These girls are going to be something else a few years down the road!

Charlie knew that I had been extra stressed lately so he did his best to be understanding and helpful this week. He took care of a lot of things that are normally my job and I can't tell you how much I needed that. He is really an amazing husband. He also has been off work for three days this week and he could have done things for himself but he did things for us instead.

My Mom has helped me so much the past couple of weeks and I am, as always, deeply in her debt. Thanks so much to her and Daddy for helping me out and watching Lily while we went to the ER Saturday. Love you both so much!

There's so much more I could post about but it's 10:45 pm and I have to get some sleep! For more Thankful Thursday participants visit Sting My Heart!

Love,

Julie

2 comments:

Lori said...

Happy to hear Claire is doing better on her infection but I am sorry she has a stomach bug now. Glad your husband had a few days off and helped you, I know what a huge blessing that is.

Have a great weekend.

cryssi said...

Isnt it wonderful how our kids can make our day better. Jason is a grinner...and always laughing at us. Kylie and Alaina are like Claire and Lily. And they both love Jason and love to make him laugh...you should see some of the stuff they pull to get him to laugh at them.

love ya
sis

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot