"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks....

From "The Power of a Praying Woman" by Stormie O'Martian.

I have been reading this book for so long, probably about 7 years. It has blessed my life in SO many ways. This passage I am sharing with you goes along with what I posted on yesterday. It's one of my favorite passages in the book, I have it underlined and highlighted and the page turned down. My books take a lot of abuse! Anyway, here's the passage:

"One of areas that can cause the greatest trouble in our lives is located on the face between the chin and the nose. With our mouth we can say things we shouldn't and end up hurting others and paying the consequences. We can't take our words back once we speak them. All we can do is apologize and hope to be forgiven by the offended party. The best way to make sure what comes out of our mouth is good is to put thoughts in our heart that are good. "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" (Matthew 12:34). If we fill our heart with God's truth and God's love, that's what will come out.

"Have you ever been around someone who complains all the time or speaks negatively about themselves and others? Isn't it exhausting? Have you been with the kind of person who you never knew what horrible thing might come out of their mouth? You can hardly wait to get away from them. The Bible says we are to "do all things without complaining or disputing".(Philippians 2:14) If we complain, it reflects our lack of faith in God, it proves that we don't believe God is in charge and can take care of us. It suggests that we don't trust that God will answer prayer. It shows we are not praying. Being around people with such an obvious lack of faith is depleting.

Imagine if every time we opened our mouths we spoke words that were laced with healing, edification, comfort, wisdom, love, and truth. That's possible to do if we ask God to help us. It's dangerous to speak whatever comes into your mind-unless what comes into your mind is good. If you have your mind fixed on good things, then the words of your mouth will reflect that."

8 Good Things to Think About Daily

*whatever things are true
*whatever things are noble
*whatever things are just
*whatever things are pure
*whatever things are lovely
*whatever things are of good report
*whatever things are virtuous
*whatever things are praiseworthy


I could not say it any better if I tried, so I won't! I am tired so I am leaving you to your own thoughts on these true words. Thank you so much for the kind and thoughtful comments on my last post. You all lifted me up and made me feel so much better! You're the greatest!

Have a great weekend!

Julie

2 comments:

Denise said...

Amen sweet one.

Anonymous said...

Awesome powerful book!

http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot