I needed this today. Click here for the website. So, we had A LOT of fun Saturday night at MeMe & Papaw Fogg's Fall Festival! Claire was adorable in her princess costume that lights up! Lily was VERY popular in her pumpkin outfit! Claire went on a hayride with about 30 little kids and had a blast! I didn't have to go because well, she didn't want me to! She was just fine with her cousins Carissa and Ann Mary. There was SO much food and the kids just played and played. I was SO UPSET yesterday when I went to put the pictures on the computer there were NO pictures in my camera. My computer somehow ate them; has this ever happened to you?! So, all of the pictures of that night are gone and I feel like crying just typing that. So, kids, Aunt Julie will have to get you all together and take more pictures. I am so sorry. So, Sunday morning my father-in-law had some pretty severe pain in his leg (he has stints) so he was taken to the emergency room about an hour and a half away. My husband was pretty upset and so was I. So, our day started off bad and just kept getting worse. Yesterday evening I got into an argument with someone very close to me whom I love very much. I am not saying who it is, I will just say that we need your prayers very badly right now. Last night was the wiener roast at my Uncle Dan's and we didn't go because I had a severe headache and I was throwing up. I don't handle tension in the best way. So, I am feeling pretty down today and this is all I am going to say about it:
I have a husband and children who need me, sometimes that takes all the energy I have. My FIRST priority is to my husband and my children and I WILL NOT apologize for that! There are some things that we have been going through that are very private and they need to stay that way. I am NOT going to tell even my closest relatives and friends a lot of things about my marriage. I respect that they will not tell me everything that goes on in their marriage and I don't expect them to tell me. Also, my husband is going to make decisions in our marriage and I am going to follow him. Because that is what I am supposed to do and because I am not honoring the Lord if I choose to not honor my husband. And I have this longing, this need, this thing that is almost consuming me to know more about my Lord. I feel like I can never get close enough and that there are stumbling blocks in my path and sometimes those stumbling blocks are very near and dear to me but I must step over them and press on in my journey towards the goal of knowing my dear Lord and Savior.
I can't say a lot of things on my blog. I can't be absolutely raw and talk about everything that I need to talk about. I have family and Charlie has family and we have friends that read this blog. Not that I would lie to any of them but life is life and sometimes you struggle through things that involve those who are close to you. I don't want to say anything that is going to hurt anyone's feelings. That would just be spiteful. Also, I do not want to get a lot of phone calls and emails asking me if I can tell them what is bothering me. I appreciate the concern and the love but right now this is between my Lord and me and of course my husband. It's nothing bad, in fact there are a few things that we are very excited about!
I feel like sometimes in my life that I have no boundaries and when I try to put boundaries up that some people refuse to accept them. And sometimes I think that there are people who don't care enough to know what's wrong and they use the excuse that they don't want to intrude. I think sometimes it's just easier to not get involved. I know that there are times that I do this and there are also times that I push to hard and do not accept the boundaries. I want so bad to find the balance that I NEED to have in my life.
I have a lot of very loving family members and church members (from both churches) and friends. I am so very grateful for the support that they have given me and I can never repay the love and the friendship and all that it means to us. I have a lot of relationships in my life that need work. A few that I have just about given up on but the Lord tells me to press on. So, I must. But, the road is hard and I am tired. I am weary. I am weak. I am worn. Through the storm and through the night, hold my hand, hold it tight, take my hand, Precious Lord, lead me on. And I believe that you truly have to mean those words. And it's been a long struggle; but I can say this now, I do mean those words, Lord, I TRULY DO!
And now, I leave you with a little something to read that uplifted me this morning and since I have all of this out maybe I can get rid of this horrible headache and nausea. Please pray.
By Nancy Leigh DeMoss
1. God is good (Ps. 119:68; 136:1).
2. God loves me and wants me to have His best (Rom. 8:32, 38-39).
3. I am complete and accepted in Christ (Eph. 1:6).
4. God is enough (Ps. 23:1).
5. God can be trusted (Isa. 28:16).
6. God doesn’t make any mistakes (Isa. 46:10)! • Everything that comes into my life has been “filtered through His fingers of love.”
7. God’s grace is sufficient for me (2 Cor. 12:9).
8. The blood of Christ is sufficient to cover all my sin (1 John 1:7).
9. The cross of Christ is sufficient to conquer my sinful flesh (Rom. 6:6-7). • I don’t have to sin (Rom. 6:14).
10. My past does not have to plague me (1 Cor. 6:9-11). • My past failures can become stepping stones to greater victory and fruitfulness. • If I will let Him, God will cause everything that has happened to me to work together for my good and for His glory.
11. God’s Word is sufficient to lead me, teach me, and heal me (Ps. 19:7; 107:20; 119:105).
12. Through the power of His Holy Spirit, God will enable me to do anything that He commands me to do (1 Thess. 5:24).
• There is no one that I cannot forgive (Mark 11:25). • There is no one that I cannot love (Matt. 5:44). • I can give thanks in all things (1 Thess. 5:18).• I can be content (Heb. 13:5; Phil. 4:11).
13. I am responsible before God, for my behavior, responses, and choices (Ez. 18:19-22).
14. I will reap whatever I sow (Gal. 6:7-8).
15. The pathway to true joy is to relinquish control (Luke 1:38; 1 Peter 5:7; Matt.16:25): • of my life • of my husband • of my children • of my circumstances
16. The greatest freedom I can experience is found through submission to God-ordained authority (Eph. 5:23). • The husband is the head of the wife (Eph. 5:23). • The wife is to reverence and submit to her husband (Eph. 5:22, 33). • “The heart of the king is in the Lord’s hand . . .” (Prov. 21:1).
17. In the will of God, there is no higher, holier calling than to be a wife and mother (Titus 2:4-5).
18. Personal holiness is more important than temporal happiness. (Eph. 5:26-27). • Happiness is not a right.
19. God is more concerned about changing me and glorifying Himself, than about solving my problems (Rom. 8:29).
20. It is impossible to be godly, without suffering. • Suffering is a tool in the hand of God to conform me to the image of Jesus (1 Peter 5:10).
21. My suffering will not last forever (2 Cor. 4:17-18; Ps. 30:5).
22. “It’s not about me; it’s all about Him!” (Col. 1:16-18).
“If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.” John 8:31-32
© Revive Our Hearts. Used with permission. http://www.reviveourhearts.com/ Info@ReviveOurHearts.com
Copyright © 2001 - 2007 Revive Our Hearts Permissions Privacy Stmt Revive Our Hearts is an outreach of Life Action Ministries
*Update: Papaw Fogg is home and doing well. He had an inflamed sciatic nerve so we are grateful that's all it was. He can't be to careful with all of his health problems! Love you, Dad Fogg, even though you probably won't read this!