"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

JOB- A Faithful man

Job the Good Man

1 1There was a man named Job that lived in the country of Uz. Job was a good and faithful man. Job worshiped God and refused to do evil things. 2Job had seven sons and three daughters. 3Job owned 7,000 sheep, 3,000 camels, 1,000 bulls, and 500 female donkeys. He had many servants. Job was the richest man in the east.
4Job’s sons took turns having parties in their homes, and they invited their sisters. 5Job got up early in the morning after his children had a party. He offered a burnt offering for each of his children. He thought, “Maybe my children were careless and sinned against God at their party.” Job always did this so his children would be forgiven of their sins.
6Then the day came for the angels F1 to meet with the Lord. Even Satan was there with those angels. 7The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you been?”
Satan answered the Lord, “I have been wandering around on the earth.”
8Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you seen my servant Job? There is no person on earth like Job. Job is a good and faithful man. He worships God and refuses to do evil things.”
9Satan answered, “Sure! But Job has a good reason for worshiping God! 10You always protect him, his family, and everything he has. You have made him successful in everything he does. Yes, you have blessed him. He is so wealthy that his herds and flocks are all over the country. 11But if you destroy everything he has, I promise you that he will curse F2 you to your face.”
12The Lord said to Satan, “All right. Do anything you want to the things Job has. But don’t hurt his body.”
Then Satan went away from the Lord.
Job Loses Everything
13One day, Job’s sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house. 14Then a messenger came to Job and said, “The bulls were plowing and the donkeys were eating grass near by. 15The Sabean people F3 attacked us and took your animals! Those people killed the other servants. I am the only person that escaped. So I came to tell you the news!”
16While that messenger was still speaking, another messenger came to Job. The second messenger said, “Lightning struck from the sky and burned up your sheep and servants. I am the only person that escaped. So I came to tell you the news!”
17While that messenger was still speaking, another messenger came. This third messenger said, “The Chaldeans sent three groups of soldiers. They attacked us and took the camels! They killed the servants. I am the only person that escaped. So I came to tell you the news!”
18While the third messenger was still speaking, another messenger came. The fourth messenger said, “Your sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house. 19Then a strong wind suddenly blew in from the desert and blew the house down. The house fell on your sons and daughters, and they are dead. I am the only person that escaped. So I came to tell you the news!”
20When Job heard this, he tore his clothes and shaved his head {to show he was sad and upset}. Then Job fell on the ground and worshiped God. 21He said:
“When I was born into this world, I was naked, and I had nothing. When I die and leave this world, I’ll be naked, and I’ll have nothing. The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away. Praise the name of the Lord!”
22All of those things happened, but Job didn’t sin. Job didn’t say that God did anything wrong.

Read this tonight and it helped me so much. Hope it helps you, too!

Love and Prayers,
Julie

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing this, bless you.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot