"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Julie's Pumpkin Bread

For Malisa and Darcy who asked and anyone else who wants the recipe, here is my pumpkin bread recipe. Darcy's is just as good maybe better. I will let you decide. To me, they are both out of this world delicious but hey, I LOVE pumpkin anything! As a matter of fact, I will post another pumpkin recipe tomorrow! So, stay tuned, just in time for Thanksgiving!

2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
3 eggs
1/2 c. water
2 c. canned pumpkin or 1 15 oz. can
3 c. sifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. double acting baking powder (if you just have regular, that is fine, too)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
ground nuts (optional)

(you can substitute 3-4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice for the spices, I do that a lot). Heat oven to 325. In bowl, mix at med. speed the suar and oil until blended. Add eggs; beat until light and fluffy then beat in pumpkin. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.Add to creamed mixture alternately with water. Beat at low speed until well blended. Bake 1 hour. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Makes 2 loaves.

*Oh yes, I forgot to tell you my secret ingredient! VANILLA (Pure is the best) add 1 tsp to your sugar,egg and oil mixture before you mix in the pumpkin. Sorry I forgot, I usually don't tell people about the vanilla so count yourself special! :o) Oh yeah, Malisa, NO BREAD MACHINE! I think those things are evil. lol.

Have a very Thankful Thursday!

Julie

2 comments:

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot