"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

My 2nd favorite cookie ever

Snickerdoodles, this is the first of two recipes that I have for these. Both are delicious, so I will post both in the next few days. My husband's vacation starts tonight and he wants these for a snack with some hot cocoa. Yummy! So, I am going to try and make these later today. My first favorite cookies are my sugar cookies , I will try to post that recipe sometime tomorrow:

Snickerdoodles

2 & 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
2 eggs
1/2 c. shortening
1 tsp. salt
1 & 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 c. butter

Topping: 2 Tbsp. sugar and 2 Tbsp. cinnamon

Cream sugar, butter, vanilla, soda, shortening, salt, cream of tartar and eggs. Gradually add flour. Form walnut size balls and roll in sugar and cinnamon topping. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.

Have a very Thankful Thursday!

Love,

Julie

3 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE snickerdoodles! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I also wanted to let you know that I am praying for your sick little ones. It's hard enough having one sick child, let alone two, so I know it must be tough. Also, thanks for praying for Em, she's doing much better!

Malisa @ Sanity in Small Doses said...

Yummy! Snickerdoodles!! I love those cookies!

By the way, I love your new bloggie colors...you're all ready for Christmas aren't ya!?!

Denise said...

Yummy in the tummy.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot