"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Monday, November 12, 2007

Wisdom

Proverbs 8:12-36 (NRSV)

I, wisdom, live with prudence,and I attain knowledge and discretion.
The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil.
Pride and arrogance and the way of eviland perverted speech I hate.
I have good advice and sound wisdom;I have insight, I have strength.
By me kings reign,and rulers decree what is just;by me rulers rule,and nobles, all who govern rightly.
I love those who love me,and those who seek me diligently find me.
Riches and honour are with me,enduring wealth and prosperity.
My fruit is better than gold, even fine gold,and my yield than choice silver.
I walk in the way of righteousness,along the paths of justice,endowing with wealth those who love me,and filling their treasuries.
The Lord created me at the beginning of his work,the first of his acts of long ago.
Ages ago I was set up,at the first, before the beginning of the earth.
When there were no depths I was brought forth,when there were no springs abounding with water.
Before the mountains had been shaped,before the hills, I was brought forth—when he had not yet made earth and fields,or the world’s first bits of soil.
When he established the heavens, I was there,when he drew a circle on the face of the deep,when he made firm the skies above,when he established the fountains of the deep,when he assigned to the sea its limit,so that the waters might not transgress his command,when he marked out the foundations of the earth,then I was beside him, like a master worker;and I was daily his delight,rejoicing before him always,rejoicing in his inhabited worldand delighting in the human race.
‘And now, my children, listen to me:happy are those who keep my ways.
Hear instruction and be wise,and do not neglect it.
Happy is the one who listens to me,watching daily at my gates,waiting beside my doors.
For whoever finds me finds lifeand obtains favour from the Lord;but those who miss me injure themselves;all who hate me love death.’

Thinking on this today, Link to more of Charlie's thoughts here

Love, Julie & Charlie

1 comment:

Denise said...

Amen, thanks for sharing this sweetie.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot