"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Cake Mix Cookies

I just had to share these! Claire wanted to make cookies today and I still have not been able to get to town for groceries so I had limited supplies in the pantry. I found this recipe that my friend Tammy Allgood gave me years ago and I guess I had just forgotten about it. Well, these cookies were super quick and easy to mix up, minimal mess and GOOD!!!! It made about 2 dozen but we were snatching dough along the way! :o)

1 yellow or white cake mix
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
that's it!!!!

Preheat oven to 350. To your favorite boxed cake mix(do not follow pkg. directions) add veg. oil and eggs. You can also add other ingredients (we used m&m baking candies and yellow cake mix) depending on what you like. Mix well to remove any lumps. Drop the dough by tsp. about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes in 350 oven.

* Next time I am going to try a spice cake mix and nuts raisins (for Charlie).Also may try orange slices candy with the yellow cake mix.

Happy Baking! Sorry no pictures, Charlie came home after we got them in the oven and they were gone just that fast! :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These look great and very easy I can't wait to try them.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot