"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Melting Pot of inspiration

Or something like that! I was trying to think of a creative title, don't think I accomplished what I was going for, though. :o) Anyway, I am going to try and post later today some goals that I have come up with for 2008 but for now, I want to share with you some blogs that have inspired me the past few weeks or so. Get ready, there's a lot of them! Grab you some coffee or tea (I prefer mine sweet) and have fun reading. Enjoy!

Monica at The Homespun Heart is having a baby in just a little while! She is busy right now stocking her freezer and the recipes she has been sharing have made me extremely hungry! And she inspires me to get busy stocking my own freezer with yummy make ahead meals! :o)

Joanne at The Simple Wife makes these beautiful "Big Book of Everything's" (check out Kimberly's link too)I shared some with you last week about how I am starting my own books and hope to post pictures soon of my work. So far, I have a lot of scriptures, devotionals, pictures of beautiful things, crafts, recipes, things I would like to start doing for Claire & Lily and some new baby name combinations! Yes, baby names! I would love to have another child one day but we will have to see what God has in mind and my health is not so good at the present moment. Anyway, on to the next thing!

Jill at Tons of Sons has a beautiful heartfelt devotion on contentment. She really blessed me with this today. I couldn't leave a comment yet because my computer keeps kicking me off her blog when I try to comment. UGH!

Sarah, In Light of the truth, with her honesty about being overwhelmed and the demands and struggles that come with being a wife and mother as well as the extreme joys! Thank you, Sarah

Tiany, Less of me, more of HIM, who hosts Monday Meanderings. I love this idea and want to start implementing it in the next week or so. I believe it would be very helpful in keeping me up to date on everything I need to accomplish throughout our very busy weeks!

Denise, Shortybears Place, has a wonderful post that I have just been reading and reading! Very inspirational! I also cannot comment on your blog Denise, I do not know why. I will keep trying, though. Please know that I still read, every day. I just can't get my computer to let me comment!

A new blog that I have been reading is "Poppy Joy". It was started to keep everyone up to date on their Trisomy 18 baby girl. She has since passed away and the mother continues to post some very beautiful thoughts. She has put my feelings about God into words so many times. Please stop by and be blessed.

My sister has some good blogs and posts listed. Check out her list. My friend, Misty, has a really good pork chop recipe that I can't wait to try.

And this, WOW! This post just blows me away!

Here are some great ideas to spice up your marriage, they sound really fun!

And finally, With All That I've Been Given, has some great ideas to incorporate key words into your life. She focuses on the word "Hope". Beautiful. Check out the links she gives, as well.

Okay, I am through for now, I will try to be back later and post on "GOALS" and Sarah, has an interesting topic on her blog, she wants you to leave the titles of your favorite Storytime books. It sounds like a great way to exchange ideas! I know that the girls and Daddy and I get tired of reading the same ol' same ol' books. So, I will probably list a few of those later.

Happy Friday, everyone! Love, Julie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all of these! I love visiting new sites. Have a Fabulous Friday!

Denise said...

I love you my sweet friend.

In Light of the Truth... said...

Thank you for some great links! I'll definitely check 'em out! And thanks for including ME! You're too kind, sweet friend!

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot