"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Storytime


It's Family Focus Friday over at Sarah's and the topic this week is "Storytime"! So, I am sharing the books that we are reading in rotation to Claire & Lily before bedtime every night (or at least we try every night)! The first one is the one I am loving SO much right now because Claire is so excited about the baby Jesus stories! :o) I can't tell you how happy that makes us!

Max Lucado's , "Children's Treasury"


Another great book that we read is one that I bought when we first found out that we were pregnant with Claire. It is such an amazing book about where we come from and how much God loves us to give us such wonderful gifts (our children). It's called, "God Gave Us You" and we also are reading the second book in the series, "God Gave Us Two" to include both Claire & Lily. Great books and the girls LOVE them! :o)






And, another great book that Claire loves and does the "This Much" motion with her arms (so cute!) is " I Love you this much".



And, of course, we read Daddy's favorite, "The Foot Book" by Dr. Seuss. Charlie puts a whole new twist on this story and gives Dr. Seuss a run for his money. You would just have to hear it. It's unforgettable!








There you have it! Our favorite storytime books! Hope you join in and tell us about your family's favorites, I would love to add more to our collection!


Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Love, Julie


*As a little add on to this, Claire reads Strawberry Shortcake books (thanks, Aunt Crystal!) during the day. She absolutely loves them and can't get enough of them and any books with farm animals. Go figure, what a combination! :o)





3 comments:

In Light of the Truth... said...

Yay, thanks for joining in this week! I'll have to check into some of your suggestions!

Denise said...

Those books sound wonderful my friend.

cryssi said...

Hey, Your Welcome Claire!!! I love Strawberry Shortcake too..She is so much like KyleeLaina..(lol) They love all things princess and stuff like that but they also love hunting and farm stuff..I'll try to do this later tonight.

How are your feet? I hope you are feeling better all around.

Love ya
Sis

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot