"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Day 10- Husband Encouragement Challenge

"Behold, you are handsome, my beloved! Yes, pleasant!" (Song of Solomon 1:16a)

We all crave appreciation. We want to know that we are valued and loved. Early love letters probably reflected your admiration of your husband, but if you're not careful, your spouse will forget why you were drawn to him. If you still have any of your old love letters, re-read them for clues to deepen your current level of appreciation for your spouse.

When we spend time criticizing our husbands, we lose time that could be spentadmiring them. As you consider various ways to encourage your husband, ask, "How can I admire him?"

Does your husband know that you think he is attractive? What was one of the characteristics in your husband that first drew you to him? Was it a physical characteristic, or something else?
Was it his gentle, compassionate eyes? Kindness or concern for others? An easy-going confidence? A steadiness that comes from trusting in the Lord? Strength of character in a culture that lacks integrity? Do you see at least a glimpse of that characteristic in him today? Whatever it is, tell him!

*I find Charlie attractive in SO many ways and the longer we are married, the more things I find that I love about him. He is always gentle and compassionate with me and the girls. I guess the first thing I noticed about Charlie was his beautiful eyes (our girls have his eyes!). And, his quite ways. I felt like I had known him forever. I continue to feel that way today. I fall more and more in love with my husband every moment we are together. He is such a man of integrity and strength. He tries so hard to be a godly husband and Dad. Charlie, I love you always and forever. I hope you have a wonderful week at work, baby. I will miss you while we are apart! :o)

If you haven't already joined this challenge, please do so! It will be great for your marriage!

Love,
Julie

2 comments:

Denise said...

May God always watch over your marriage.

JavaMama said...

Hey Julie! I started the challenge at the beginning of the month but must admit with little productivity in it, I think I kind of forgot in the midst of it. I still remember when I did it a year ago how amazing it was for me and for my husband and for those outside looking in! THanks for the encouragement this morning.

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot