"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Friday, April 11, 2008

Day 2: Husband Encouragement Challenge (Respect your man)

I will try to get something up on my sidebar soon showing those who are joining me. Even if you can't post about it right now on your blog, I will still list your name and blog! Right now, today, I am just focusing on enjoying my husband(who is off work) and my girls! So, here's Day 2 of the challenge (which I am not starting until tomorrow; I will try to post each days challenge on the evening before). Any questions? Let me know!


"Through love serve one another." (Galations 5:13b)

How did you do yesterday with your first day of blessing and encouraging your husband? We hope you're off to a good start. (If you blew it, don't give up--start again today!) There are many practical things you can praise him for, if you look for them.

Today, find some way that your husband is serving you or your family. Does he help around the house? Take care of the car? Fix things that are broken? If your budget allows, give him a new, small tool with a big bow attached. But make sure he doesn't think it's part of a "Honey Do" list!

Maybe your husband is not a handyman, but does he run errands for you? Take care of you when you are sick? Help you make decisions? Praise him for his willingness to serve others. Let him know that you see his unique service as a great strength.

Many Blessings & Have a wonderful week-end!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Day 2 is up on my blog sweetie.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot