"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day 5- Husband Encouragement Challenge

REVIVE OUR HEARTS.COM


Day 5"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers." (Ephesians 4:29)

Another way to describe the positive side of this "30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge" is by using the word "edify," which means, "to build up." Negative comments only discourage and tear down. Positive comments encourage and build.

Do you edify your husband before others, adding to his value in their eyes? This is especially important with other family members.
Do you praise your husband to his relatives, and yours? Does your husband's mother know how much you love him? How about your dad? Perhaps you can drop a word of praise into a conversation or letter. Be creative in letting your relatives know that you respect your husband, love him, and support him--in spite of whatever flaws and weaknesses he may have.

*I find it easy to praise Charlie to others but oftentimes I feel like I have to defend his decisions. Not because they are bad decisions or wrong ones just because some family members have an irritating habit of questioning every decision everyone close to them makes. Just have nothing better to do, I guess! I have gotten better at letting them know that I will not tolerate any questioning Charlie's judgement but it has been a long process for me. I do praise Charlie to my family and his. I make sure they know of his successes and I try to be an encourager in his endeavors and supportive of all decisions he makes. It is an ongoing process but I believe that I am able to do it almost automatically now. And that is a huge step!

Please join in this challenge if you haven't already done so!

Love,
Julie

1 comment:

Denise said...

I bet Charlie appreciates you being his cheerleader.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot