"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Save$$$ on Laundry Softener...

I just got this tip from Taste of Home's Menu Saver Newsletter and I can't wait to try it! I NEVER thought of doing this but I am betting it works and I am all for homemade anything that saves money!!!! :o)



"Save on laundry softener with a reusable fabric softener cloth. Soak a wash cloth in a non-metallic bowl filled with liquid fabric softener for 30 minutes or until it soaks up the liquid fabric softener. Wear plastic gloves and take the wash cloth out of the bowl and squeeze out the excess liquid. (Pour the excess fabric softener liquid in the bowl back into the original fabric softener bottle to use another time.) Hang up the cloth to dry for 24 hours. You’ll have a fabric softener "sheet" that will last for 100-plus loads of laundry. When the fabric softener cloth stops working, just repeat the whole process."



Have a blessed day! Love, Julie

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing such a great tip.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot