"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy 60th Birthday, Daddy!!!




*This is a journal thing for me, as well. I just wanted to get this down and print it out and take it to Daddy today. I am turning off comments because I didn't write it for that reason. Feel free to email me if you would like. :o)

Wow, I can't believe that my Dad is 60!! Where does the time go? And, wow, I must say, you do not look 60 years old! (I knew that you would LOVE to hear that).


Daddy, I have SO much to thank you for and SO many things that I have never said that I should have and a lot of things I said that I shouldn't have! Maybe that makes sense. Anyway, thanks for having such great patience with me. :o)



You were the first man ever in my life and you have left such a huge impact on me. I love the way you are such a tender man and still a man of great conviction. Some things were just not negotiable with you and I can truly appreciate that now. I am so grateful for all of your rules that seemed so silly at the time!

You taught me most of all how a man should love his wife above all. You and Mom are definitely not perfect but I always knew how much you love her. You did not allow people to speak bad of Mama or us. You did not allow us to sass Mama in any way. You always backed her up. One of my favorite memories to this day is you and Mama kissing silly to make us laugh. I can still see you two doing that and laughing so hard.

Thank you so much, Daddy, for all of the tickle wars and hugs when I cried. Thank you for sitting with me and holding me when I was sick. Thank you for holding me when I lost my babies. And for not telling me anything, not saying a word, just holding me and letting me cry.

Thank you for loving Charlie so much. Thank you for always supporting him and being his friend. Thank you most of all, for loving us unconditionally, because I know that is not always easy.

Thank you for the junk food you give the girls. Thank you for the visits and buying me pops. Thank you for loving with all you are.

Thank you for trying to teach me to drive (haha), for teaching me all you knew about basketball (A WHOLE LOT), for teaching me to work hard, for talking to me about boys and friends. For telling me just how much I am worth. For being proud of me. For pulling me up when I fall down. For letting me know that it's okay to fall sometimes. God is there to pull you back up and so are you.

Thank you for always telling the girls how smart and pretty they are. For sitting with me in the van before my wedding and letting me see you cry. For telling me how much you love me. For walking me down that aisle to my future husband shaking so hard but holding my hand so tightly. For loving me enough to let me go. For loving and respecting Charlie.


Thank you most of all Daddy, for serving our country when you were drafted. For not being bitter about it to us even though I know that you witnessed a living hell. For fighting for freedom and being seperated from your family and all that you knew and loved for people that you didn't even know in a country that you really could care less about. Yet, you never let it stop you from loving us with all you had.


Well, I guess I should stop now. I just really do love my Dad and it is very hard sometimes to tell him these things. I see now so many things that I should have done and yet didn't. Time is precious and I hope that by writing this and getting it out, I can let him know just how much he means to his family on Earth. God truly blessed me by bringing me into the family that he did. We have our problems, sometimes some big ones, but we are a family and we hold on. That means a lot to me the older that I get.


If you have a Daddy then go hug him. If you don't have a Daddy, remember how very much more that GOD loves you.


*Thank you, God, for my earthly father. Thank you for the guidance and love he has given to me. Please be with him all the remaining days of his life and bless him greatly for his service to you. In Jesus name, Amen.
If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot