"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sunday dinner tomorrow


Hot Water Cornbread (you seriously have got to try this) Greens with bacon(and a splash of hot sauce), blackeye peas cooked with bacon &soft fried potatoes with onion. Yeah, a good ol' true Southern Sunday dinner and CHEAP, if you are feeding your family on a budget (who isn't?). My granny used to make this almost every weekend. Or some variation on this meal. This is some serious good food but you don't want to eat like this every day! (All the bacon, you know). =) Give the hot water cornbread a try and serve it with lots of butter! And if you want to make a to die for dessert, try this recipe of my grandmother's! Let me know how you like it! =)
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Denise said...

You are making me really hungry, sounds so good.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot