"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Grateful

Well, I am now officially the mother of 3 children! WOW! I can't believe that God has entrusted me with these 3 precious souls. It thrills me and frightens me all at the same time!

Claire is sturggling some with expressing her frustration. She has calmed down a lot in the last few days and so have I. I think getting back on our routine has helped her so much. Lily is doing extremely well. She was a little clingy there for awhile but now is adjusting just fine!

So, we are getting back to a little bit of normalcy around here but it is a struggle for me every day with the lack of sleep. I have taken to lying down when the girls do every day that I can. Sometimes things happen and I don't get to sleep but the rest always helps refresh me. For right now, it is the best that I can do.

I am trying to remember to enjoy and cherish these last few weeks of having a newborn since Drew is most likely to be my last baby.I am trying to remember to stop and keep forever in my mind and heart these beautiful moments with my children. This season right now is so difficult physically and exhausting emotionally but it is a short season and one filled with many blessings as well as the hardships of little sleep and discipline problems!

I must cherish every little baby breath and coo and sigh. Every bathtime with sweet smelling baby soap and lotion. Every feeding time when he looks up at me with beautiful blue eyes so like his Daddy. Time with my son cuddled up on my chest. The little love songs that Claire sings to Drew. Lily's sweet hugs for her baby brother. Claire's "Love you Mama" and Lily's "wuvs Mumma". The girls sweet kisses and hugs at night time and their precious prayers to JesusGod (that's what they call Him). All of these moments are precious and swift.

One day all too soon, I will look back and wonder where my babies went! They will be too busy or think they are too big to stop and cuddle with Mama and Daddy. I will miss this "baby time" and wish I could have it back for a moment. So, now is the time to enjoy it and cherish the blessings God has so graciously bestowed upon us. Thank you, God. I am not worthy but I am grateful. Truly. Eternally. Grateful.

So, that is what I am thinking lately. I just felt like getting it all down somehow before I lose what I am feeling.

Thank you for your loving prayers.

Julie

2 comments:

cryssi said...

Hey sis,

The last one is kinda rough. But so precious just like the others. Just enjoy your time with them.

love ya
Sis

JavaMama said...

Oh, what a sweet post. It just breaks my heart to know that these days will soon be gone. I try to remember to savor these precious times.

OH, enjoy this God given season in your life and thanks for encouraging me to enjoy mine :0).

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot