"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Monday, October 20, 2008

L*O*V*E (updated)

Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13



If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:1–3


This is something that I read yesterday that has stuck in my mind all morning long so, I want to share it with you.

Love is a decision. Love is not just a feeling. It is a decision. Think on that for awhile and I will be back more to explain what I mean by that. Sometimes we learn more by quietly thinking and meditating on a scripture. At least I do.

Love,
Julie

*updated: read what Denise has to say about this! Really worth your time to read!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love you my friend.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot