These are in no particular order because I don't know what I will be fixing on what days. Things change around here a lot lately and that is why I love my crock pots!! =) Have a wonderful week!
Blackberry Muffins with Cream Cheese Spread
Pancakes w/Fruit & Whipped Cream
Pumpkin Bread w/cream cheese spread
Hot Dogs, corn on the cob
Pig in blanket, tator tots, broccoli
Breakfast Burritos, Baked Potatoes cubed & fried w/onion in olive oil
Baked Ravioli(didn't have last week), French Bread with butter, Salad
Julie's easy beef stew, buttermilk cornbread
Crockpot Potato Chowder, Buttermilk cornbread
Tortilla Soup (recipe at the bottom)with sliced avacados, sour cream, colby/jack cheese, green onions
Homemade Pizza, Salad (I will share this recipe later; my sister requested it as well, so I will just post the recipe as soon as I can find it! lol )
*Wednesday night- eat out or eat at church
*Friday morning-may eat breakfast at church (Mom(Barbara) is cooking; YUM!)
*Desserts of the week (bible study): Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies,
Go to Laura's for more menu ideas!
Charlie & Julie's Chicken Tortilla Soup (a knock-off of Papa Pablano's)
6 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded (or whole chicken; cooked, deboned & shredded)(reserve all broth)
3 stalks celery, minced
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes & green chillies)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
1 c. sliced zucchini, optional
water to make soup consistency that you want
1/2 c. shredded cheese
Cook chicken breasts or whole chicken. Reserve broth. In dutch oven, saute onion, garlic and celery in 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Add rest of ing. except cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hr. In bowls, place chips, sprinkle with cheese. Ladle soup over chips and cheese. Top each with sour cream and avacado and more cheese if desired.
Charlie's Homemade Pizza
3/4 c. water (110-115 degrees)
1 tsp. sugar
2 TBSP. butter (melted or very soft)
2 & 1/2 c. flour (ap)
1 TBSP. yeast or 1 packet
1 Tablespoon cornmeal (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pizza sauce
12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
sliced onions, optional
chopped bell peppers, optional
pepperoni, fried hamburger, fried sausage, canadian bacon,optional
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/8 teaspoon basil
2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
1. If using a bread machine to make pizza dough, put ingredients in bread machine in order listed and set to dough setting.
If making dough by hand, mix water, butter, and sugar in mixing bowl. Add part of the flour and stir. Add the rest of the flour and the yeast, and stir into a dough. Knead for 6-8 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic. Set dough in bowl and grease the top. Cover with a towel and set in a warm place to rise for about 45 minutes.*(I use my Kitchen Aid Mixer and knead for only a couple of minutes or so. 6-8 is too long if using a stand mixer).
2. After dough has risen the first time, punch down and knead until air bubbles are removed.
3. Liberally butter a 16-inch round pizza pan, and press dough onto pan. Carefully lift one-half of the crust and fold over (to expose half of the pizza pan). Sprinkle 1/2 Tablespoon cornmeal over pan. Lay crust back in place and repeat on other half, so that there is cornmeal sprinkled between entire layer of crust and pan.
4. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt over top of crust and then spread with 1 cup pizza sauce. Sprinkle on cheese and any optional toppings desired. Sprinkle on oregano, basil, and parmesan cheese last.
5.** Place pizza in oven and turn heat to 400 degrees. Bake for 10 minutes; rotate crust and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until top is browned. (Be sure to watch so it doesn't burn; every oven is different!)
6. When pizza is browned, turn off heat and open oven door. Leave pizza in oven until ready to serve. Then remove from oven, cut, and serve. If there is leftover pizza, we often put the pieces directly on a cooling rack to cool, which prevents condensation forming between the crust and pan.