"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Recipes

I really (heart) this slow cooker; it's my dream crock-pot!! Sadly, it costs $150!!! I doubt I will be receiving one anytime soon. That's okay, though, my wal-mart ones work just as well!! =) There is just something about a crockpot! I always feel like I am being a good wife and mother when I have supper already planned out & going in the morning! My day runs so much smoother and I achieve so much more! I just feel like I am accomplishing something & that makes me motivated to do more and more! Maybe I am crazy, but that's what a crockpot does for me! =)

So, I am sharing some crockpot recipes with you today! I have a lot of time on my hands because the baby is on a good schedule (eats every 3 hrs and naps at regular times), supper is already going and my house is (almost) in great shape today! =) Laundry done, floors mopped, bathrooms cleaned, kitchen spotless, beds freshly laundered and made up, I even dusted today! Anyway, here are the crockpot recipes!

Crockpot Lasagna (so simple it should be illegal and it tastes GREAT)

1 28-oz. jar of spaghetti sauce
1 package frozen cheese ravioli (about 24-oz.)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese


Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Spread 1 cup sauce on the bottom and layer with half of the ravioli. Sprinkle with half of the cheese and another cup of sauce. Layer the remaining ravioli and top with the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake on low for 3-5 hours, depending on how hot your crockpot cooks.

And, on tonight's menu (I double this for leftovers):

Maple BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (Crockpot) (source: Razzledazzlerecipes.com)

1 cup ketchup 1/2 cup maple flavored syrup 2 tbsp. prepared mustard 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce 2 tsp. lemon juice 1/2 tsp. chili powder 1/4 tsp. garlic powder 4 boneless, skinned chicken breasts Place all ingredients in crockpot and cook on LOW for about 7 to 8 hours or until chicken is done. Remove meat, shred and return to sauce. Place on buns for sandwiches or serve over hot rice.

Have a great rest of the week!!! Happy crock-potting!!! =)

3 comments:

Denise said...

I am hungry now.

cryssi said...

Sounds delicious! Hey when I am rich enough to buy me the Mixer I want, I'll buy you this crockpot...lol

Love Ya
Sis

cryssi said...

Sounds delicious! Hey when I am rich enough to buy me the Mixer I want, I'll buy you this crockpot...lol

Love Ya
Sis

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot