"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Friday, November 28, 2008

A sabbatical...

I am going to be taking a winter sabbath from blogging. I will hopefully be back sometime in the next few weeks. :) I am feeling some not so little "nudges" from God that I need to put blogging way farther down on my list this Christmas season. It's just consuming way too much of my time , time that I could be devoting to other areas of my life. I guess that "simplifying" would be the word. I just feel this deep need to be more "present" in the lives of these precious souls around me and I want nothing to distract me from that.Most of all, I feel like I have some problems and decisions that need an enormous amount of time in prayer and that doesn't leave much time for blogging. So, until I can become better at putting everything in my life into it's proper place, I must take a break.

I would appreciate your continued prayers throughout this winter as we are facing a lot of financial strain and just some very hard decisions as a family. I will not be able to post on the 1 Corinthians study because of my break. Please forgive me for such late notice for those who were planning to join me. I am grateful for your love and friendship. We will pick back up on that after I have worked through everything. :)

Much Love to everyone & I pray that you all have a Blessed Christmas & New Year,

Julie

*I will probably be back periodically to post pictures and I will be emailing, just not as much.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I love you dear, enjoy your time with your family. I am keeping you in my prayers.

crystal said...

Love You!!! WIll email you later..

SISSY!!!

Lori Anne said...

Thinking of you and hoping your blogging break makes things easier for you. Have a blessed Christmas!

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot