"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mama (MeMe,Granny)!!! :)


This is a horrible picture of me & my mama but it's the only one blogger would let me load and it would only load sideways?! Anyway, just look sideways, I guess! :) Anyway, it actually is the best picture that I could have used because it is a great example of how it is with my Mom! She is always behind me, encouraging & pushing me and never letting me walk alone. :)
Happy Birthday to the woman who gave me life and so much more! I am incredibly blessed that you are my mom! I don't even know where to begin. First of all, you never complain about helping your kids out. Not only that, but you don't even let us ask. You just know even without us telling you that something is wrong and you start in trying to fix it! :) You also teach us that there are things that only God can fix. You only had your mom until you were 16 and she didn't know how to talk to you about things that daughters need to talk about. In spite of that, you have always been there for us and you did not let "not knowing how" stop you from knowing your daughters.
You always put Daddy and us before anything else and you worked hard both in the home and sometimes at an outside job so that we could have what we needed and what we wanted. Everyone at school wanted you to be their Mom because you were always there. You took me and my friends out to eat, you threw the BEST birthday parties ever, you were just always THERE in my life. Sometimes I thought it was smothering but now I know just how much you cared and that means SO much to me.
You taught me how to work, how to read, how to cook, tried to teach me how to sew(haha), how to never give up and how to believe in myself. You only finished the 8th grade but you were determined and did everything in your power to make sure we made the BEST grades we could and that we went to college. You went back and got your GED and went to college all while raising a family. You quit college early because it was too hard on your kids (among other things going on at the time) but you made sure that we knew we could do it. You did the late night helping us study, buying us whatever we needed to accomplish that goal, you did ALL of the paperwork and phone calls. You helped me have the most beautiful wedding and you have loved Charlie as your own son since the day you met him. :) You were there when all of our angels were lost and when our babies were born. You were there through the sleepless nights and even took some for your own so that Charlie & I could sleep. You help me with parenting when I don't know what to do. You calm me down. You go with me to take my kids to the doctor and you help me when they are sick. You buy things that I cannot afford at times. You have helped so much when hard times have hit.
I ,seriously, thank God for you and your unselfish ways every day, Mama. I know that if you go to be with Jesus before I do, I will never be the same. I honestly don't know WHAT I would do without one of my VERY best friends. My first best friend.
I hope you have a very special birthday. One that is just as special as you are to me! :)
Love,
your
Julie Irene

1 comment:

Denise said...

Happy Birthday to your dear Mom.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot