"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening....


Title: Twilit Wooded River in the Snow
Artist: Anders Andersen-Lundby
picture courtesy of allposters.com


Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost.........

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

*Outside, it's starting to ice up again! Perfect night for some hot cocoa and popcorn and movie time with Daddy. Drew has a cold so we won't be taking him out in this weather. So, Mama to town for essentials and then back home for evening with a warm fire, blankets, a movie and snacks. Around here, we LOVE winter nights!! :) Enjoy the poem, Robert Frost is one of my favorites!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Loved the pic and the poem. Awww, sounds lovely with your winter evenings. Wish I could get my guys to like that kind of atmosphere. Will have to have the grandkids come spend a night. Thanks for sharing Julie,
Tammy

Deidre said...

I love this poem. My daughter had to memorize it last year in kindergarten.

Stay warm!

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot