"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

~Homemade Instant Oatmeal...~

This is what I made for my family this morning, instant oatmeal!! I got the idea from Life as Mom and thought, Why not?" so....this is what I did. Feel free to try whatever works for you! So much healthier and CHEAPER than the boxed stuff! :)  Hallelujah! This is the stuff that makes me feel fulfilled! Taking care of my family the best I can.

"Homemade instant oatmeal" may sound like an oxymoron, but this recipe makes it easy to make oatmeal instantly using homemade ingredients, instead of whatever is in those store-bought packets. Not only is it easy to make your own, the homemade version is more filling and less expensive than the store bought stuff, and you can make it without all the sugar and preservatives. Makes one serving of instant oatmeal- Wikipedia

1/4 cup quick oats

1 tsp. dried milk powder

1/8 tsp. salt

3 tsp. brown sugar

1/4 tsp. cinnamon

*And, I added some dried apples & raisins that I keep for homemade granola.
About 6 Tbsp. of hot water.

I put ours in individual bowls this morning but I am planning on making some ziploc baggies this afternoon to have on hand in our pantry. Easy and Quick breakfast!


Give it a try & let me know what you think..

♥Julie♥

1 comment:

In Light of the Truth... said...

Ooo, thanks for this! I'd just been wondering about this lately, because I really prefer the box packages while I give the rest of the family the plain stuff from the big container. I dunno, it's just the right balance of sweetness that I can't seem to get when I just add sugar into plain oatmeal. I'd been wondering how to make it myself, so i might give this recipe a try!

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot