"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

~Today~





Today, I am....

~Sitting on the front porch with Claire & Lily (Drew is still asleep) wrapped in quilts, drinking hot cocoa & watching the baby calves play in our front pasture.

~Going to load up the kids in a bit and take them to McDonald's for a $1 menu breakfast...I ♥ the sausage burritos and a Dr.Pepper or  a large sweet tea...bad for me, I know but oh, so good!!


~Putting away winter clothes (except for jackets, it still gets chilly here for a bit) and dragging out the spring apparel. Making a list of what we need and (want) to add to what they already have. This sounds like a chore I would hate to do but actually I love it. I love to pull out Lily's hand me downs from Claire and see what she wore and remember her in those cute little outfits and envision Lily in the same clothes. :)

~Writing a church newsletter and working on a bible study for teenage girls....lol, we'll see how that turns out!

~Laying out everything for PE tomorrow....if we are having anything?? Oh, I hope so! We so enjoy & miss being with everyone in our homeschool group! :)

~Finishing lessons for the week so we can take tomorrow off! (making more "bird nests" with the girls...finishing our math unit and reading more about that delightful Ingall's family! (The Long Winter)talking about baby calves and doing some research! (I love homeschooling and the way you can just spontaneously learn about whatever you see that looks interesting!)

~Breakfast for supper tonight! The Pioneer Woman's yummy Migas!!!! If you haven't had these, you don't know what you are missing! Fried corn tortillas, eggs, peppers, onions, fresh tomatoes, pico de gallo, cilantro, and I top mine with monteray jack and sour cream! Oh, yum! (If the recipe is not on her site, I will try and post our modified version later....it's in her new cookbook!)

~I will be washing fresh eggs half the morning, lol. Seriously, I have about 2 dozen to wash and about 6 dozen in the refrigerator. ....anybody want some eggs???

~Thinking about Easter outfits...no idea.

~Hanging laundry on the clothesline!

~Folding more laundry...lol

~Playing outside in this beautiful sunshine!

~Scrubbing floors (can I skip this part??) :)

~A hot bubble bath and some Word of God before bed.

~Falling into bed tonight to read more, "The Mission of Motherhood" notes coming soon.... I hope!

~And to go to sleep next to the most wonderful man in the world. :)

~Waking up again in the morning and starting another blessed day...


Ya'll have a great one, too!!


♥Julie♥

2 comments:

Denise said...

Enjoyed hearing about your day, love you.

Tricia said...

It all sounds wonderful. I miss the days when my children were little. I stayed very busy too. Now I enjoy the grandchildren but often they "wear me out."
We haven't had sunshine in a while. I am looking forward for some that is predicted for the next 2 days.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot