"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Monday, May 10, 2010

I am sad today. My sweet, wonderful, amazing husband just left to go to work. Usually, he leaves at 4 a.m. but he has hurt from his kidney stones all weekend long and hurt very badly last night. So, it was late to work this morning. The thing is, he works about an hour and a half from where we live and there is no cell phone signal up there in the mountains. So, I can't tell whether he is hurting or what is going on with him. I have to stay here and wait and see. :(  Also, he took 2 pain pills and is driving and working with those in his system. NOT GOOD. So, I would ask that you pray for us today. Especially for my sweet husband.

Now, on to happier things: My wonderful husband took the kids to get doughnuts for us on Saturday morning while I slept/puttered around the house. Doughnuts are a good 20 minutes away and he also went to the hardware store and surprised me with hanging baskets for our front porch!!! So, quite a bit of time to myself, I didn't have to fix breakfast and beautiful flowers for Mother's Day....it was so nice!!! Then, on Sunday, we went to church (where we spent time with my Mom) and he fixed dinner for the kids & I (all while he was in pain) and cleaned it up, as well. Actually, I had to help cook a little bit but I didn't mind! Then, we just had a quiet day together and went to see Charlie's Mom last night. It was just a great day!!

I hope to post pictures soon. I have so many to post so will probably spend about a week posting pictures! lol

 I have to find my battery charger for my camera, first! :)

Hope you have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day. I love you.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot