"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Claire loves church! (and Cheesecake)

Today we were driving by our church to dump trash in my car at the dumpsters down the street. Claire all of a sudden unbuckles her car seat and starts crying. I said " Baby, what's wrong, why are you crying?" She points back at the church and says "Tata(Michayla)". I said "Do you want to go to church ?" She said "Uh-huh" ( I know I shouldn't encourage it, but if you could hear her say Uh-huh, it is just so darn cute!) I said" Baby, we can't go there today, Michayla's not there, Do you like church?" She shakes her head and says, you guessed it, "Uh-huh"! Then she says Kylie, Laina, Rosie, Casey, Crissa and a whole bunch of something I'm sure was very important!

I just thought this was so adorable and I had to share it! Now, a recipe for the most AMAZING cheesecake in the world!(made this for the 4th, just for me and Charlie and Claire). Yes, we will eat the whole thing. By the way, if you are afraid to make this, I will bop you upside your head, the only thing that can go wrong is that it can crack. Big deal if it does, put some cherry, blueberry, whatever topping on it and no one WILL EVER KNOW! It's not like you are running a bakery or something!

Classic New York Cheesecake

*2 cups graham cracker crumbs
*1/2 cup (a stick of butter), melted
* 2 tbs. sugar or splenda
*4 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
* 1 1/2 c. sugar
* 3/4 c. milk
* 4 eggs
* 1 c. sour cream
* 1 tbs. vanilla
* 1/4 c. all purpose flour

Bring all ing. to room temp. This prevents the batter from being lumpy. Which means a lumpy cake. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9 in. springform pan. Mix crumbs and butter, press into pan. Mix cream cheese & sugar until smooth. BLend in milk, then mix in eggs, one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla, flour, until smooth. Pour filling into crust. Fill small pan with hot water. Place on bottom rack. Place cheesecake on top rack in oven. Bake for 1 hr. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 2 hours. Remove, wrap in plastic wrap, place in refrigerator for 2 hours or more until set. Remove from springform pan. Place pie filling on top. Eat and ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot