"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Crystal's 28 Day Challenge!

My sister, at prayingmomof3.blogspot.com is issuing a challenge to get up early for 28 days and spend time with the Lord. This is something I have been trying to do for a long time. Usually something gets in the way. I also have started a challenge called Honoring Your Husbands. I started this at ladies night a while back but it never really got off the ground. I am determined to make sure it does. But I can't do it without your help!

To read more about this challenge, go to fruitinseason.blogspot.com I believe both of these challenges will strengthen our marriages and our relationship with the Lord and each other. Ladies at church , you will be hearing more about this at ladies night, Monday night.

So, here's how my challenge went today:

* I have made Charlie's lunch for the past two days (not counting the 4th). I wrote him love notes on his ziploc bags. He was VERY impressed! Really.

* I have gotten up with him (at 3:30 am!) twice this week. I hope to be able to do it more next week. Had some rough nights with Lily. I have a 2 month old people so I get some slack!

* Our bedroom life has been pretty good. I am more responsive which I am happy about. If you don't want to read this part, then scroll on down. I am not going to say anything embarrasing, but let's face it, as my husband will tell you, THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF A MAN'S LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (So, like it or not, it has to be a very important part of our life, too.) BY the way, I don't expect you to share what makes you uncomfortable, as long as you are taking care of it, that's what matters.)

* I am working on organization in my life , that and my terribly expensive habit of SHOPPING! Although, now, since I have the mommy of two baby belly , I tend to shop more for my beautiful baby girls. That's so much more fun anyway, but Charlie & my budget don't find it fun so I have to get better. Also, I have some home improvement projects I want to tackle and I want to improve my home so that my husband feels more peaceful and calm when he is at home. After all, I am to be the keeper of my home and right now my home is not very kept! Prov. 31, Titus 2

Can you think of some more ways to honor your husband? I believe Crystal's challenge ties right in with this one. I will post more later. Love you all.

Julie
wife of 9+ years to Charlie,
mama to 2 beautiful sweet little girls,
Claire (2) and Lily (2 months)


m

2 comments:

cryssi said...

Hey sis,

I am joining you in doing the HYH challenge. I havent posted yet but i am doing it. I do believe now that you mention it that yours and mine go together really good.

Love Ya Crystal

cryssi said...

Hey sis,

I am joining you in doing the HYH challenge. I havent posted yet but i am doing it. I do believe now that you mention it that yours and mine go together really good.

Love Ya Crystal

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot