"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Monday, July 2, 2007

Lily's 2 month shots and more....

Hi, I'm back. Sorry it took so long for me to post. I hope to be more regular if anyone reads this at all. Maybe no one noticed. lol. Anyway, Lily had her 2 month check up today at Mcalester which is almost 2 hours away. That was a fun trip. Claire is potty training or should I say not potty training? So, you can imagine the fun Mom and I had! Claire was so cute though, when Lily got her shots and started crying. She kept saying "Sissy, shhhh....." which is what we say to them when they are really upset and crying. She also kept kissing her and rubbing her on the forehead. It was so sweet.

I hate the shots. I know they need them but I absolutely think that I hate nothing worse. That is to me the worst part of parenting. That and having to discipline. I hate that , too.
We are starting a new way of disciplining. James Dobson and "Growing Children God's Way". It REALLY seems to be working with Claire. It has made me a lot calmer and I have a sense of control about my parenting which I worry about all of the time because I want to get through to them, I want to teach them respect and control, I want to be calm and patient and not have to yell and spank . I hate yelling and I hate spanking and I don't find either one to be very effective. This suggest you only spank for certain severe offenses (such as something that puts them in danger) and that you use a remote object such as a wooden spoon, paddle, etc. because children see your hand as something that shows them love and they become confused when it is used to hit them. It is also suggested that you only use one or two swats and THAT IS ENOUGH!!!! I agree completely. It is about discipline and punishment, not taking our anger out on the child because we can't control ourselves. This works better than anything else that I have tried with Claire. Anyway, don't get mad at me.. I am just sharing what works for us and hoping maybe it can help someone else.....

Well, here's a recipe that I am sharing with you. I hope to do this at least once a week! I think it will be fun!

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies (No Bake Cookies)

These are Claire's favorite cookies to make.

1 pkg. chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk
1 stick butter
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together first 4 items and boil for 1 minute. Add the next three items and mix together. Drop onto waxed paper or foil. Makes about 55 cookies. (These go SO FAST!)


Until next time,

Julie

No comments:

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot