"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Lessons Learned.........

Carrie Underwood (American Idol) has a great song on her CD called "Lessons Learned". I love this song and I could listen to it a million times and I probably have!

It speaks to me about my life. Especially lately. I have been dealing with a lot of cleansing in my life. I am a procrastinator. I put off doing things for people, going to see people, I always mean to get around to it but sometimes I don't. And then I have terrible regrets.

You can never go back. You can never change what's done (what's done can't be undone). I am thinking lately of all the many times I have said hurtful things or done something spiteful. Why? So what if I feel like I'm being mistreated or that they have done something to me. If they have hurt you, take it to Jesus. Don't try to get them back. Don't try to make them hurt or apologize to you. It doesn't matter if they apologize. Don't hold your breath. LET IT GO!!!!!!!

What really matters is not how people treat you it is how you respond to it. Man, that has taken me SO long to get. My uncle who just passed away, I can't remember him EVER being spiteful about anyone. EVER. He was the greatest example to me because if anyone had a reason to be depressed or mean he did. But he never was. He lived his life to the best of his ability. Everyday. He did what he could and he helped you however he could.

I remember, he asked me one day "G, when you gonna have kids?" I said, "Kermit, I don't think I can." He said, " G, I never had kids, you my kids." That is truly how he looked at it and then he told me this "G, God bless me, I got lots of kids." And he did.

The point is, my attitude stinks. Really stinks. My feelings are stuck out and I am itching for a fight. And I know that's wrong. So, I am reevaluating, I am changing gears. Kermit has inspired me and it's time to start living like he would want me to. Like God wants me to.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense. I am mostly typing this to work out my grief. I hope this helps someone because it sure helped me.

Love & Prayers,

Julie

1 comment:

cryssi said...

Hey,
for not getting anybody to apologize to you you sure made me feel bad....I love you and I am sorry...

I need to start living my life like this to.. I know God has blessed me and I sometimes think that I need to throw everything out of my life and start over.

Love you
Your Sis
Crystal

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot